• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Central Florida vs USF Game Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

43 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Those neon green uniforms looked alot better yesterday!!!

Winning cures everything. Even color blindness.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't notice the Disney music.  Our grandson came with us today and it now 2 - 0 in back to back Sundays.  Won last Sunday (WBB) and again today.  He may need to miss some school so he can come to more weeknight games.

When you wish upon a Star, A whole new world, under the sea. All in the pregame warmups while the Citronauts were on the court warming up. Snark. There was more when they returned to the court after halftime. Major props to the DJ.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

8 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Get use to it Davey.  I know its only one game but the tide is finally turning.  At the very least we are about to become ultra competitive in both football and basketball.  They probably will still be a little ahead of us in football for next year only.  Both programs have good basketball coaches who are having down years, so that rivalry will only get better.

I sure hope you’re right. I’ve long posted about the cyclical nature of sports and you can feel it coming right now, can’t you?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I sure hope you’re right. I’ve long posted about the cyclical nature of sports and you can feel it coming right now, can’t you?

It’s been a long downward trend. Feels like 2007-2009 economically. If MBB can finish at 500 or just below then we should all feel pretty good going into next year. Football? Probably takes two to three years. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

central's outside shooting is worse than ours and their big man got in foul trouble early (which seems to be a trend, he actually should have been ejected for that elbow he threw) so we didn't have that to contend with.   Brown was hot yesterday hitting 3-5 from 3 point land and I think he scored 14 points.   Rideau's defense made up for his offense this time and obviously the FT shooting was great as a team. We're sitting in 8th place which is where we probably should be (could finish anywhere 7th to 10th probably) based on our talent level and the loss of Yetna.  CBG has kept us afloat because he does coach and preach defense.

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Plus side: we ain’t bottom dwellers 

Negative Side: we are just above it

8th place

15 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I do love that CBG believes in strong tough Defense.  The Offense on the other hand is severely challenged.  I hope we arw recruiting to get better in that area.

Conference leader Tulsa scored 54 yesterday in a win over Wichita State

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

It seems like that with the exception of the housing bubble (which we likely won't see that extent again). As a leadership team we are already putting in strategies to insulate ourselves, as best we can, to the next recession. We think the we'll see warning signs in H2 rhis year, with the timing of a recession likely occurring in the back half of 2021.

I will push that out a little further (although for the same reasons)...Summer 2022. But the good news is that enrollment in my classes will more than likely increase. 😀

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Dominant win last night.  Best game of the year for Q.  Also, shows what a real homecourt advantage can do.  Sagarin has USF at #107 this morning (highest since late last year) and Massey, though rating them much lower has USF as the #24 defensive team in the country.  To beat UCF with no Durr and only 4 points from Collins is really impressive.  UCF was determined to take Collins out of the game by clogging the middle.  Ten steals yesterday--truly amazing.  No doubt, we are an offensively challenged team, but Coach Gregory has done a great job in holding them together despite the adversity of injuries and youth. #Bright Future.

• Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yup!