• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics's Injury Epidemic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

While the fitness and injury issues in USF football have been well documented, I find it increasingly disturbing that our other to significant sports (men and women's basketball) are also suffering injuries. Yetna could have been chalked up to a freak accident and I can live with that. But WBB has now lost Bethy Mununga and Eliza Pinzan to injuries. I haven't really looked into the non-revenue sports, but I wouldn't be surprised if injuries happened there too. 

Why is this happening? At some point this becomes more than a coincidence-why are so many teams losing players to injury? 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

My theory...a UCF fan around 2013 began seeing a voodoo priestess to hex everything USF related...

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

My theory...a UCF fan around 2013 began seeing a voodoo priestess to hex everything USF related...

That can go both ways.  We should seek out our own Voodoo Princess, create a ucf doll and start sticking pins in it.  Or better yet scorch it over an open fire.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

That can go both ways.  We should seek out our own Voodoo Princess, create a ucf doll and start sticking pins in it.  Or better yet scorch it over an open fire.

I was going to follow up with that very comment...someone get on that...wasn't Ronnie Banks from New Orleans?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I'd love to see some actual statistics across all schools.  My suspicion is that most think their injury numbers are worse than average, and it's much more visible when you're losing/underperforming.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, slowdown said:

I'd love to see some actual statistics across all schools.  My suspicion is that most think their injury numbers are worse than average, and it's much more visible when you're losing/underperforming.

I agree.  Every team suffers injuries.  When they happen to key players on teams you follow you just notice it more. The women's game last night was tough.  Hopefully Betty's isn't too serious.  She got hurt, went back with the trainer, came back out, CJF talked with the trainer and they put her back in.  Lasted a couple of minutes and took her our and back down the tunnel.  Came out with ice on the hammie and in the 2nd half seemed to just wrapped, no ice.

Pinzan going down when you are up by 40 hurts but can't blame the coach because there are not many healthy point guards so someone has to play.  Here's hoping Sydney Harvey is about ready to go.  And Maria Alvarez will be playing a lot of point.  Funny thing is that Harvey came here last year as a shooting guard as well and had to play a lot of point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

UCF, considering the evil **** they've done over there and apparently been rewarded for it, have obviously made a deal with the Devil so I'm not sure if any of that would work ...

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, Triple B said:

UCF, considering the evil **** they've done over there and apparently been rewarded for it, have obviously made a deal with the Devil so I'm not sure if any of that would work ...

Well according to Scripture, God wins the war over Evil in the end....so there is that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well according to Scripture, God wins the war over Evil in the end....so there is that.

We're going to need to find this then ....

image.png.94022e371d257fd52686797963bbb27e.png

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, Triple B said:

We're going to need to find this then ....

image.png.94022e371d257fd52686797963bbb27e.png

I think Indiana Jones could help us with that!