• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU fans show how classless they are.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Wait what?  What do timeouts have to do with booing injured players?  We can only boo if the "injured" player's team has no timeouts left?!

So it truly comes down to whether the fans think they're faking to stop the clock or not.  You've already seen responses by Bulls fans that they think our guy was faking it, so all I'm saying is that I think it's fair to think the ECU fans were thinking that too.

I'm thinking there's only one fan base that would boo an opposing player even if they know he was hurt ....

image.png.ebcae6acb3676a10fdbe999983aeccf8.png

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Wait what?  What do timeouts have to do with booing injured players?  We can only boo if the "injured" player's team has no timeouts left?!

So it truly comes down to whether the fans think they're faking to stop the clock or not.  You've already seen responses by Bulls fans that they think our guy was faking it, so all I'm saying is that I think it's fair to think the ECU fans were thinking that too.

What I’m getting at is that BYU had injuries on consecutive plays. Not many boos were heard during first injury when time was running out. Then the next one there were some because it became obvious. I believe they did run off some time 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm thinking there's only one fan base that would boo an opposing player even if they know he was hurt ....

image.png.ebcae6acb3676a10fdbe999983aeccf8.png

You dress like that, then you have much bigger issues than booing players ..... lol

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Easy to be classless while losing....

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/26/2019 at 5:12 PM, Bull Daly said:

Ok folks,ECU is officially one of my hated teams in AAC. Booing a player after getting hurt? Really? Classless! Hope we destroy them!

Bull Daly, all of your points have merit.  I did chuckle a little at their over the top booing given the situation in the game itself but you have to understand the history of how they feel about our program. It set my heart to dancing knowing how frustrated they were because USF was beating them yet again (while at the same time concerned that we may have another injury ).  I have experienced and felt the hatred in person and online.  I will try and keep it brief and concede in advance that it is a simplified account:

-  2003 USF is accepted along with Louisville and Cincinnati into the Big East.  ECU fans became very angry at this and I actually was caught off guard about this fact when I went to our game there in Nov 2003.  They did not try to hide their contempt of our program and even went as far as to cast aspersions toward the university itself, labeling it a community college, for example. 

- 2006  USF had just upset No  5 West Virginia in an unlikely victory (I still see this as more of a feat than the 2007 game) but still only gets an invite to the brand new Birmingham Bowl.  Who was the opponent?  Of course, it was a mediocre ECU team.  Their fans were not as bummed as ours about the bowl itself but focused their vitriol towards the opponent - USF.  Some even went as far as wondering why Pitt could not be invited.  Pitt not only lost to USF but had lost 5 straight to finish at .500.  I think some of our fans became aware of  the things being said about our program and made shirts and signs which normally I would have not been happy about.  One of those slogans is stated above. Of course, the easily offended Pirate fan base got angry about it and there were many confrontations that day.  To this day, they use this bowl as their rallying cry of hatred toward us unaware that it was their marginalization of our program which started it all.

- If you look in the past you may see a statement ' ECU=UCF.'   I do not think this needs explanation except I have felt for a long time that ECU was worse.  The miscreants to the east cannot help themselves so their contempt is something I can live with.  ECU fan's contempt is filled with irrational belief that they are some sort of football powerhouse with history and tradition. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Easy to be classless while losing....

Don't we in here know that .....

Guest Jonesy Bull
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:39 AM, feardabull said:

It clearly was not an injury.  Hampton lost his shoe and the coaches told him to drop.  This is at least the third time a player has been told to drop and fake an injury just to save a timeout.  I dont know how often other teams do it, but I've never seen this happen that many times.  I'm actually surprised this hasnt been discussed in the off season by the league to maybe place a review process in for players faking injuries.  

Can the officials throw a flag for delay of game if they deem that is actually the case? 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Bull Daly, all of your points have merit.  I did chuckle a little at their over the top booing given the situation in the game itself but you have to understand the history of how they feel about our program. It set my heart to dancing knowing how frustrated they were because USF was beating them yet again (while at the same time concerned that we may have another injury ).  I have experienced and felt the hatred in person and online.  I will try and keep it brief and concede in advance that it is a simplified account:

-  2003 USF is accepted along with Louisville and Cincinnati into the Big East.  ECU fans became very angry at this and I actually was caught off guard about this fact when I went to our game there in Nov 2003.  They did not try to hide their contempt of our program and even went as far as to cast aspersions toward the university itself, labeling it a community college, for example. 

- 2006  USF had just upset No  5 West Virginia in an unlikely victory (I still see this as more of a feat than the 2007 game) but still only gets an invite to the brand new Birmingham Bowl.  Who was the opponent?  Of course, it was a mediocre ECU team.  Their fans were not as bummed as ours about the bowl itself but focused their vitriol towards the opponent - USF.  Some even went as far as wondering why Pitt could not be invited.  Pitt not only lost to USF but had lost 5 straight to finish at .500.  I think some of our fans became aware of  the things being said about our program and made shirts and signs which normally I would have not been happy about.  One of those slogans is stated above. Of course, the easily offended Pirate fan base got angry about it and there were many confrontations that day.  To this day, they use this bowl as their rallying cry of hatred toward us unaware that it was their marginalization of our program which started it all.

- If you look in the past you may see a statement ' ECU=UCF.'   I do not think this needs explanation except I have felt for a long time that ECU was worse.  The miscreants to the east cannot help themselves so their contempt is something I can live with.  ECU fan's contempt is filled with irrational belief that they are some sort of football powerhouse with history and tradition. 

Well said. Those that followed USF pre C-USA days and during remember how sour ECU fans were to USF. They were like Southern Miss Jr. Both USM and ECU just had that hate against USF. Watching that game last weekend made me pissed because of the booing and the dirty play. Was feeling bad for ECU because they have been down but not feeling bad for them right now 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

this seems to becoming a SOP at football games - college and pros - faking and booing.  NE fans  boo'd the heck out of IN for doing the fake injury/delay thingie.

Sometimes I boo the wife after intimacy.   She boos me for lack of performance especially when I fake a cramp to slow momentum or lose a sock. 🤣 

Edited by BullDoug
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Well said. Those that followed USF pre C-USA days and during remember how sour ECU fans were to USF. They were like Southern Miss Jr. Both USM and ECU just had that hate against USF. 

LOL!  Southern Miss Jr.  You know, that would ruffle a few purple feathers!

That said, to reference a present debate, while many of our fans have focused on thinking it might be a good idea to try and entice name brands with real followings like BYU or Boise St. into the conference as the 12th team, guess who our purple friends think would be a great add to the AAC?  Yes, old Southern Pixx. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Haha 1