• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

ECU fans show how classless they are.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

It clearly was not an injury.  Hampton lost his shoe and the coaches told him to drop.  This is at least the third time a player has been told to drop and fake an injury just to save a timeout.  I dont know how often other teams do it, but I've never seen this happen that many times.  I'm actually surprised this hasnt been discussed in the off season by the league to maybe place a review process in for players faking injuries.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, feardabull said:

It clearly was not an injury.  Hampton lost his shoe and the coaches told him to drop.  This is at least the third time a player has been told to drop and fake an injury just to save a timeout.  I dont know how often other teams do it, but I've never seen this happen that many times.  I'm actually surprised this hasnt been discussed in the off season by the league to maybe place a review process in for players faking injuries.  

Lol it happens every week with teams across the league. ECU had every right to boo if they saw this happen, but this was also just a football play. Looking up “Auburn Injury” from their game yesterday. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Lol it happens every week with teams across the league. ECU had every right to boo if they saw this happen, but this was also just a football play. Looking up “Auburn Injury” from their game yesterday. 

This. I'd guess every fanbase in college football has had these "classless" moments at one time or another.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

How about a 10 second count like boxing. If you can't (or don't) get up after the ref counts 10, then you are out for the rest of the quarter or maybe even the next quarter. If you are really hurt bad enough to stop play, then you should probably be out of the game for a bit anyway. It's all about player safety nowadays, right? 

I like the idea of adding a review, but there are already too many reviews IMHO.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

How about a 10 second count like boxing. If you can't (or don't) get up after the ref counts 10, then you are out for the rest of the quarter or maybe even the next quarter. If you are really hurt bad enough to stop play, then you should probably be out of the game for a bit anyway. It's all about player safety nowadays, right? 

I like the idea of adding a review, but there are already too many reviews IMHO.

Why give them 10 seconds? If play has to stop for you and your injury and your team doesn’t want to use a timeout to keep you in the game then you are out. Fans are skeptical of the amount of injuries that plague opponents during high profile times in comparison to the rest of the game and the amazing recovery time of the injuries that look an awful lot like bonus timeouts; maybe they wouldn’t be as classless in voicing their disbelief if there was actually any consequences for pretending to be soccer players lying on their deathbeds just to be miraculously cured by some spray.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why give them 10 seconds? If play has to stop for you and your injury and your team doesn’t want to use a timeout to keep you in the game then you are out. Fans are skeptical of the amount of injuries that plague opponents during high profile times in comparison to the rest of the game and the amazing recovery time of the injuries that look an awful lot like bonus timeouts; maybe they wouldn’t be as classless in voicing their disbelief if there was actually any consequences for pretending to be soccer players lying on their deathbeds just to be miraculously cured by some spray.

Works for me. I guess the 10 seconds would give a guy time to figure out if that cramp or stinger or whatever injury is legit or just a temporary pain that is not worth costing his team a timeout or his own playing time. Either way, it is a scourge on the game that, thankfully, is not abused to the same extreme as soccer (yet). Anyone on here have contacts with the NCAA rules committee? Please send our concerns up the chain if so. 😏🤘

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Works for me. I guess the 10 seconds would give a guy time to figure out if that cramp or stinger or whatever injury is legit or just a temporary pain that is not worth costing his team a timeout or his own playing time. Either way, it is a scourge on the game that, thankfully, is not abused to the same extreme as soccer (yet). Anyone on here have contacts with the NCAA rules committee? Please send our concerns up the chain if so. 😏🤘

Very few plays start as soon as the last one finishes, there is time to decide already 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

His shoe fell off and we saw the USF coaching staff tell him to go down like an injury to save a time out. 

smart move used all the time...OMG!  that means our coaches were ...coaching !  Alright !!!!! 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

How do you feel about USF fans?  I could hear them booing loudly all around me at the BYU player that went down on their last drive. 

You may want to change your title to add “Some” to the front.

Can’t compare the BYU game as they had no timeouts left while USF had two time outs left when that happened against ECU.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Can’t compare the BYU game as they had no timeouts left while USF had two time outs left when that happened against ECU.

Wait what?  What do timeouts have to do with booing injured players?  We can only boo if the "injured" player's team has no timeouts left?!

So it truly comes down to whether the fans think they're faking to stop the clock or not.  You've already seen responses by Bulls fans that they think our guy was faking it, so all I'm saying is that I think it's fair to think the ECU fans were thinking that too.