• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Announced Attendance Rankings for the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

I think the hangover from getting left out in the cold is finally going away.

I agree but that's an 8 year hangover and counting. I was at the Pitt Game in 2011, that was the start of our slide. I can still hear that crowd singing Sweet Caroline. I still cringe when I hear that song. https://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/9/29/2459279/pitt-vs-usf-final-score-football-2011 . The hangover for me ended when we started winning in 2015. I don't care about conferences anymore. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, pascobull said:

I agree but that's an 8 year hangover and counting. I was at the Pitt Game in 2011, that was the start of our slide. I can still hear that crowd singing Sweet Caroline. I still cringe when I hear that song. https://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/9/29/2459279/pitt-vs-usf-final-score-football-2011 . The hangover for me ended when we started winning in 2015. I don't care about conferences anymore. 

I’m the same way now in that I stop caring about conferences as I think it is all BS. Have yet to watch any of the playoff games due to the P5 bs. Don’t plan on ever watching unless they start including all to give more schools a fair chance. So basically just been focusing on USF

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

3rd highest increase in FBS from 2017 to 2018.  One of the highest average attendance of the G5 schools.  

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2018.pdf

But it doesn't stop some from trying to call out our fan base.

3rd highest increase from 2017 to 2018 but ticket revenue was almost cut in half, a $3 million drop. Maybe there was an accounting change in the way that was figured but in that same time span, Contributions dropped $300K so it wasn't made up there. The Contributions part looks to be where the fan base needs to called out on because it's been pretty pathetic in comparison to our listed conference brethren for awhile now.... but this is also maybe where the youth of our program really shows up. You don't have a lot of "old" money that the older programs, which all of those others listed are, have. We are what we are.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Build a lazy river and they will come! 😎

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

3rd highest increase from 2017 to 2018 but ticket revenue was almost cut in half, a $3 million drop. Maybe there was an accounting change in the way that was figured but in that same time span, Contributions dropped $300K so it wasn't made up there. The Contributions part looks to be where the fan base needs to called out on because it's been pretty pathetic in comparison to our listed conference brethren for awhile now.... but this is also maybe where the youth of our program really shows up. You don't have a lot of "old" money that the older programs, which all of those others listed are, have. We are what we are.

I'm speaking mostly to the attendance, but the lack of older money is of course a factor for contributions.  It is also very competitive in the Tampa Bay area for fundraising dollars.

9 hours ago, TenToedSloth said:

Build a lazy river and they will come! 😎

U may be onto something

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Our attendance numbers are significantly higher than the majority of G5 schools.

They are and that's a minor miracle given our fall from grace and all the other options Tampa has for their time.