• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cronk is good to go against SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

On 9/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, jchem1995 said:

He’s been studder stepping all year.

This... He needs to be a one cut guy but keeps trying to bounce it to the outside versus just getting up field... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/18/2019 at 12:03 PM, LrdNorman said:

This has always been my point of contention.  The receivers get NO separation on any routes and don't block anybody with any enthusiasm.  They only hope to outrun the opponent.

The receivers have been a major disappointment the past few years.  Doesn't seem like a team effort by them -- you can see it on bubble screens and crossing routes.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, DELdaBull said:

You mean this season?

Last year we rushed for over 2500 yards and received for over 3100 yards. 

The previous years we had the best blocking group of receivers in our history and maybe even in the country 

2016 we had MVS, Adams said McCants out there blocking.  

I would have let this go if you said last couple of years, but few implies more than 2 years and that just is not true. 

I did say the past few years and I stand by it.  McCants was the last solid blocking receiver we had.  I don't recall Adams blocking that much TBH and MVS was a decent blocker but I don't remember him being consistent.

The receivers we've had were not good at route running.  They depended too much on scheme and couldn't plant their feet and do a hitch route or fake right and run a cross route underneath.