• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dan Sileo says Xavier Lee should tranfer to USF!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

If I remeber correctly we were towards the top of Lee's list when he was coming out of HS. I was surprised he chose FSU considering Weatherford had already committed to them, but I guess thats what happens when you have that much confidence in your ability

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Josh Newberg

my feeling on this is that Sileo was just throwing "stuff" on the wall to see if it will stick.

I used to work for the FSU scout site for about 8 months before taking over the USF site.  There were always little rumors about one of them transfering after this year but nothing of substance.  I talked to each of them before the season started and neither led on to wanting to transfer if they didnt win the job.  Drew even told me that if X won the job he wouldnt mind holding extra points for the rest of his career b/c he loves Florida State.  

I highly doubt X is mad about drew starting, the two are great friends and lived together this summer while battling for the job.  

I called the publisher of the scout site when i read the thread on this board.  He told me nothing new has been brought up on this topic and he agreed with me that Sileo was just throwing it out there.  He probably saw the USF win and the fact that X is on the bench and tried to get creative.

But Ill keep my eye on it and let you know if anything happens.

Josh

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

... but he's dropping passes that are hitting him in the chest...

Dropped 1 pass ... caught 2 TD's at PSU.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea its clear that he will be a career backup at FSU unless something dramatic happens to Weatherford.  Since they are both the same year (redshirt freshman) there isn't much hope for playing time at FSU for Lee.  Lee was Mr Football i believe and he had one of the biggest careers of any florida high school qb.  i think he does have the record for most yards, he is either first or second with Weatherford being the other one.  Lee would be a HUGE addition to our program.  

the rumor is that lee's arm is so strong he can throw the ball 70 yards on one knee.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

Don't forget Ponton in that backfield!

Don't forget to  add  Chad Simpson to the list...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Dropped 1 pass ... caught 2 TD's at PSU.

Wrong WR, ET ........ I believe beastie's talking about Carlton Hill.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

Sileo also is the fat guy the aliens are supposed to eat first when they invade the Earth ...

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Yea, he HAS to make catches that hit him right in the CHEST like that one did.  No excuse for that.  

I wish he would have come down with that ball.  We scored on the drive anyway, but that would have been huge for his confidence.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Add X to the long line of QB's that were contemplating committing to USF after high school but thought they were going to green pastures else where. Cornelius Ingram, Brent Schaffer, Adrian McPherson, ahh the list can go on forever. We need kids that want to be Bulls from the get-go.