• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herbstreit: Big East will lose BCS bid if...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Other teams don't start helping Louisville (ESPN Radio)

He congratulated the Bulls and Mountaineers this morning, but said he felt this conference was on par with the MWC right now.

Support Our Betheren!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Well...the best of the Big East did depart, so that's pretty much the deal. Not that I'm overly impressed with Miami this year, but you understand my point.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

he does not stop talking out of his a$$ every weekend.  The FCC threatened to fine ESPN because they were appalled at Herbstreit's hairy butt cheeks flapping up and down every time he makes a comment.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

the big east IS the best in basketball which gives us some advantagfe over all the other conferences.... with that said I believe we will finish out the current BCS stuff, after which there will be some reshuffling... The Bulls will join West Virginia, and Louisville within two years in the top 25... We really need Syracuse and or Pitt to get into top 25 soon, If half the conference is in top 25 there will be no problem.. I still say we need to add some teams, I know many do not agree....  If we add Army and Navy for just football that gives us 10 teams, throw in ecu, that gives 11, Add Notre Dame in (relax people and listen...) If you get to 12 teams break into two divisions... Tell Notre Dame that they must play the 5 teams in their division, and after that they can play all those other teams they want to play... Other teams can play there 5 division teams and three others from other side of division... Army and Navy will join if ND is coming, ND will be able to keep its boosters and NBC happy because as part of this agreement they still can schedule 7 OOC games to be played on NBC.... Give ND other financial perks and maybe they come in... Yes I am giving into big bad ND, but with them in we will be BCS forever!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we need to add quality teams

not crap like army,navy and ecu

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Kirk is so into himself at times that it cracks me up. He is such a BCS guy that believes in the system, and he continues to give no respect for the non-BCS schools.  There is no way the BIG EAST will lose its bid to the MWC because of market reasons. The only way the BIG EAST loses its bid is if the BCS does not exist. Face it, USF is starting to come around in the next couple of years. What are they going to say when WVU, UL, USF, and possible another team is ranked near or in the top 25??? I know Syracuse is going to be tough pretty soon because of Greg Robinson. He will get the Cuse back on track in no time.  I am really upset that Wanstadt has been losing this bad because he can recruit really well.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

we need to add quality teams

not crap like army,navy and ecu

There aren't any quality teams out there to add, unless we can entice a team to defect from another conference.  The odds of that are exceptionally slim.  Plus, there is a geographic issue as well, with USF isolated, so an addition needs to be closer to us.  I truly believe they will offer UCF for the end of the current 5 year BE plan.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

i wouldn't put too much stock into what he says, we're rebuilding, you can't expect our conference to recover this quickly after losing va tech and miami. it's something the media likes to talk about, something else they can ***** about besides not having a playoff system, but the bottomline is if the bcs wanted to exclude the big east it would've been after last year and they wouldn't have given us an oppurtunity to prove ourselves. besides his point is moot west va will most likely go 9-2 or 8-3, making 2/8 in the top 25.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

he is an idiot.... I think the BCS will wait on the BE to improve.. U may see some quiet behind the scenes pushing for a break up and growing.. not so much for better quality.. but for adding a few more to the bcs mix.. and  reducing the non bcs #s alittle more.  A new BE with either 9 or 12 makes more sense than the 8 u now have.