• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herbstreit: Big East will lose BCS bid if...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I think the split will happen a few years from now.  Should that happen, the BCS will probably give an ultimatum to expand from 8.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

The Big East will always be part of any BCS equation because of the TV revenue it is able to generate.

Herbstreit should go cry in the corner or something...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

There aren't any quality teams out there to add, unless we can entice a team to defect from another conference.  The odds of that are exceptionally slim.  Plus, there is a geographic issue as well, with USF isolated, so an addition needs to be closer to us.  I truly believe they will offer UCF for the end of the current 5 year BE plan.

Gosh darn it.  We actually agree on this issue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

The season barely started ... Big East will be fine this year ... and better each year.

We don't need to add teams ... and basketball and other sports almost won't allow it. Like the 8 teams, money sharing.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Pitt is single handedly ruining this conference with all of these losses.  They better find a way to win against the Yougstown State Penguins!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

There aren't any quality teams out there to add, unless we can entice a team to defect from another conference.  The odds of that are exceptionally slim.  Plus, there is a geographic issue as well, with USF isolated, so an addition needs to be closer to us.  I truly believe they will offer UCF for the end of the current 5 year BE plan.

UCF will not be invited unless they can make noise in CUSA in FB & BskB.  UCF will be a mid to lower men's BskB school in CUSA.  FB is in dire straits.  I can see O'Leary being fired b4 the end of this season.  He's gonna be 2-20 or 3-19 at best in two seasons.  That's a shame b/c that program has potential.  And the CUSA baseball schedule is going to bring a reality to Knights fans fast.  They will finally find out what it's like to play a real conference schedule.  I'll say this though the move to the CUSA was a good choice but the Sunbelt for all sports arguably might have suited them better until the next BCS shuffle.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I think you may be right about basketball, but I'm hoping our newer talent steps up.

We've never really played CUSA talent outside of UConn, who is another tier up.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I say F the BCS go to a playoff

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

UCF will not be invited unless they can make noise in CUSA in FB & BskB.  UCF will be a mid to lower men's BskB school in CUSA.  FB is in dire straits.  I can see O'Leary being fired b4 the end of this season.  He's gonna be 2-20 or 3-19 at best in two seasons.  That's a shame b/c that program has potential.

No way GOL gets fired. Too much money tied up in him ......