• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buying a boat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, MikeG said:

buying a boat is silly imo-- rent one or hire a charter boat. So much less expensive and you never have to worry about the boat other than when you are actually using it.

same goes for Stadiums and planes.

Buying a preowned boat is silly but you got warranties and what not with a new boat. Learned the hard way with a preowned boat. But hey @MaltLiquorBull any time you want to go fishing on that new boat let me know ! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MikeG said:

warranties end-- boat ownership is a never ending "gotta fix this" situation. Have you ever rented a boat or hired a charter boat? You actually catch fish on a charter boat-- mostly they do but you reel em in. Renting a boat is nice a relaxing but much harder on the whole catching part.

also-- never have to find a place to store your boat.

The one thing you can't do--- naming it. So it is purely a status thing imo -- "look at me, I can afford this huge expensive thing! I named it 'Gone Fishin' '  har har!"

Yeah I have actually and I fish all the time. Just cause they’re a licensed captain doesn’t mean they catch a ton . Maybe some enjoy boating and fishing as a hobby and not an in your face thing 

if you you take care of your car or boat it will take care of you 

Edited by USFBULL2014

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

that was probably my issue-- you need to be using the boat quite often to make it worth owning it.

No doubt but can make for a fun couple days a week . A lot of people get scared to take it out in the winter months. I was just out a couple days ago in 3-4 footers 15 miles offshore lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

Just now, USFBULL2014 said:

No doubt but can make for a fun couple days a week . A lot of people get scared to take it out in the winter months. I was just out a couple days ago in 3-4 footers 15 miles offshore lol

Winter is typically a better time to bottom fish offshore compared to summer. Even Tampa Bay can be good for big grouper in the colder months.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

To us, it was all about how to spend the disposable income/entertainment dollar.  Always kicked around the idea of vying the boat and having to let the tickets go.  Not gonna make boat payments while sitting in lot 6.  Well just a bit mad right now.  

And a little drunk.  Thinking this...   what benefits do I get for being a loyal season ticket holder. What advantages did I have over an Orlando fan today?

1,  parking?  Nope   I had to wait in traffic to go to my pre-paid lot while Orlando fan could go to wherever had quickest access.

2.  Club access? Nope.  Pay a premium for that, but anyone with a pulse is welcome in the club. 

3.  Guaranteed seat?  Nope   Always plenty of seats available for a bulls game.

really the only reason I do it is because I love my university.  I’m such an idiot

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

Yeah I have actually and I fish all the time. Just cause they’re a licensed captain doesn’t mean they catch a ton . Maybe some enjoy boating and fishing as a hobby and not an in your face thing 

if you you take care of your car or boat it will take care of you 

Same here. We fish away game weekends.  Red tide has been awful this year but we just hit the lake and tube.  Buying a used boat is not an issue if you know boats.  

If Strong stays, I’ll just be boating/fishing more and letting my tickets go. 

Edited by 94 Bull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I have a boat and need to spend more time on it rather than worrying about the fate of Bulls football

2 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

Same here. We fish away game weekends.  Red tide has been awful this year but we just hit the lake and tube.  Buying a used boat is not an issue if you know boats.  

If Strong stays, I’ll just be boating/fishing more and letting my tickets go. 

Same here. Can’t miss a football game but god knows I should’ve missed watching the last 5. Red tide is pretty bad but hasn’t touched the waters in Tampa bay near gandy . Just gulf side really. We’ve been also going offshore and producing grouper and big snapper . Good times . But definitely excited for this dreadful season to be over, more time for the boat ! 

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I have a boat and need to spend more time on it rather than worrying about the fate of Bulls football

Bad day on the water is better than what we’ve witnessed

5CEDFB4D-77E0-4EB1-9DA5-6C30F9E342EA.thumb.jpeg.5d46fc63adcbb8e5a24e091ad39d8d9f.jpeg

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, MikeG said:

buying a boat is silly imo-- rent one or hire a charter boat. So much less expensive and you never have to worry about the boat other than when you are actually using it.

same goes for Stadiums and planes.

Aircraft are great...no waiting to get on the commercial cattle cars!