• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am sad to say it was true all along

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  96
  • Days Won:  0

As others have said with more detail than I, CWT inherited a losing program, with a barren roster and an unstable future amid the quickly darkening clouds of conference realignment. Despite his first two years of misguidedly trying to adapt returning starters into a power offense which flamed out miserably, we had our entire program staked to his success or lack thereof. We hired him out of success. He had improved his previous team and had strong bay area ties. Clearly he was the future.

Going into that wonderful year three, it was speculated that Harlan forced him to change to a spread, which may or may not have happened. Yet regardless, the team improved at such a rate that their ascent wouldve undoubtedly culminated in an undefeated NY6 senior season for Q, before CWT's abrupt departure.

Now what do we have with Coach Strong? A coach with mild success, but never sustained. In fact, a failure, at a school whose donors could probably equate to the support of all AAC teams combined. Yet he did not oversee a fundamentally-sound or even a particularly inspiring or exciting brand of football with his teams. Special teams were terrible. Defense was below-average. Adjustments were not made. 

The same are all true now. And  so what do we also have? An opportunity. Other teams are not stupid. ADs and most programs are so data-driven, they know to look beyond W-L and total offense and other counting stats that hide context. We can see the failure of this staff at every level, as can they. CCS cannot leverage us.

So with this we can influence the direction of this program. Charlie has only a 200k buyout and we can decide immediately as a program at the end of the year, to ask Charlie, if he's willing to take ownership of the offense and can Sterlin, and begin to look for someone better? The sloppy dumb*** condensed zone-read is unacceptable and has to go. Maybe defense has to have a change too, although we lost talent and depth at that position.

If unwilling, amf Charlie.

We control our destiny either way. And we're in a much better position to ask for what we want because of the low buyout Harlan was able to negotiate.

Screenshot_20181117-123053.jpg

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

Blake Barnett sucks. I blame him! 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Coaches are supposed to recruit talent, so not having a serviceable qb still falls on them. Also you have to develop the players you have, and we haven’t done a great job at doing that recently 

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Does this mean you'll continue to sell us on your boy Kean?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

While BB has regressed I’m not blaming anything on him completely. He’s got a terrible coaching staff around him.