• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So no one got fired? Imagine that...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

What is the excuse tally from Coach Strong? Please add more if you think of some.

1.  Not executing 

2.  No leaders 

3.  Not ready to play 

4. Players were not starters last year

5. ????? 

Fan implosion...

3 & 4 seem like excuses, but 1 & 2 are very real IMO.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, raptorcj said:

Fan implosion...

3 & 4 seem like excuses, but 1 & 2 are very real IMO.

And CCS has put 1 and 3 on him and his staff

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/7/2018 at 4:09 PM, Bullrush33 said:

Yeah they are still "little wet puppies (Inspector Clousseau Voice)."   I believe in personal responsibility for sure but it seems to me these kids are so scared to screw up that they are not playing with confidence. Saloaman has regressed big time. I am not in the locker room but whatever Charlie is saying to these man-kids he needs to re-access himself and the other coaches as well.  The coaches are not inspiring confidence in anyone, fan or player.  Just my two worthless cents.

I see this same thing. Everyone is so afraid to make a mistake that they (guess what) end up making a mistake. 

The team definitely follows the coaches identity and it seems uptight and bored. The guys who have been witness to fun, good football don’t like it (McGee) and are acting out accordingly. 

CCS has lost the locker with a decent amount of guys and I’d be very surprised to see this get turned around this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Serious question: why do so many fall back on the “they’re young, they haven’t started before” argument?” A lot of them were at practice in the spring/summer/fall, have played multiple games now, some have been in the atmosphere since last season. Are they not expected to come out and do their job? I get some mistakes are made and I’m good with that, but sometimes we seem flat out incompetent. Are they not actually practicing in practice, or watching game film? I do admit I need to be more patient, but I’m just not seeing this as a reason we can’t succeed when we should have a decent amount of talent at a D1 FBS university in Florida. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Serious question: why do so many fall back on the “they’re young, they haven’t started before” argument?” A lot of them were at practice in the spring/summer/fall, have played multiple games now, some have been in the atmosphere since last season. Are they not expected to come out and do their job? I get some mistakes are made and I’m good with that, but sometimes we seem flat out incompetent. Are they not actually practicing in practice, or watching game film? I do admit I need to be more patient, but I’m just not seeing this as a reason we can’t succeed when we should have a decent amount of talent at a D1 FBS university in Florida. 

I just want see improvement. Which we have not seen.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I just want see improvement. Which we have not seen.

We haven’t in the slightest. In fact we’ve seen regression against questionably worse teams. 

Edited by OcalaBull2