• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I gotcha.  And somehow I think the egos on most college coaches are big enough to where they don't worry too much about whether or not they would be fired easily from a school.  

Agreed.  Although ego or not I'd be happy to get paid millions to not coach if necessary

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is no chance you can claim his one year at Oregon resurrected anything. The others maybe debatable but 7-5 at WKU is hardly a world beater and I don’t remember him accomplishing much here that hasn’t been accomplished before. 

He left each school better than he found it.  You can give him and incomplete for oregon if you like.

7 hours ago, ForestBull said:

At USF I give Flowers more of the credit there but he did recruit him so that still fits my narrative of him being a **** good recruiter. So he turned around 2 programs. 

As I said, you've eliminated at least 90% of the coaches (probably more) from the "good coaches pool" if the stud players get the "credit" for the success

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He left each school better than he found it.  You can give him and incomplete for oregon if you like.

I am just giving him an incomplete for his career thus far, I think given his body of work that’s more than fair. FSU will define his career a lot more than almost winning the AAC at USF one time will. 

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

As I said, you've eliminated at least 90% of the coaches (probably more) from the "good coaches pool" if the stud players get the "credit" for the success

If you have measurable success the argument is certainly dampened but when winning appears to be an outlier for you some people may question it.

14 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I gotcha.  And somehow I think the egos on most college coaches are big enough to where they don't worry too much about whether or not they would be fired easily from a school.  

Sounds to me like two guys who were in the running for the FSU job but didn't get it.  

That’s probably it. Poor CWT is always being picked on by people that want to judge by silly things like empirical evidence and not important things like feelings.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I am just giving him an incomplete for his career thus far, I think given his body of work that’s more than fair. FSU will define his career a lot more than almost winning the AAC at USF one time will. 

For sure, but he's done a good job thus far in getting programs back in the right direction (no statues) he just hasn't seen it all the way through.  Mainly because better opportunities have come about.   He's at his "dream job" now.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, puc86 said:

He's what, 42 years old?  You've already made enough pronouncements on his career as if it were over.  I wonder how you'd feel if some random took a look at your accomplishments and made a judgment on them that you'd likely find objectionable?

Just now, chapelbull said:

For sure, but he's done a good job thus far in getting programs back in the right direction (no statues) he just hasn't seen it all the way through.  Mainly because better opportunities have come about.   He's at his "dream job" now.

His fourth “dream job” by my count. We will see how it all turns out.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s probably it. Poor CWT is always being picked on by people that want to judge by silly things like empirical evidence and not important things like feelings.

Some people pick and choose what empirical evidence to judge by 😉

Just now, puc86 said:

His fourth “dream job” by my count. We will see how it all turns out.

Dreams get bigger as time passes