• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Up-to-date Current NCAA Projections (mine)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, JTrue said:

It will always be an issue if the bullpen has to pitch 1/3 of his starts.

Really?  How was it an issue this season?  BP didn't get rocked after he left and we were 10-2-1 on Sundays.  So where was the issue?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, chapelbull said:

Really?  How was it an issue this season?  BP didn't get rocked after he left and we were 10-2-1 on Sundays.  So where was the issue?

Because on Sundays, we were facing the other teams #3 as well.

Just now, JTrue said:

Because on Sundays, we were facing the other teams #3 as well.

Of course.  So where was the issue?  We won 3 straight last week and only gave up 4 in the last loss after he only went 5 in the first game.  I'm looking for an issue other than us not being able to say our "ace" went 7-8+ innings every Friday.

I get why it can be an issue.  i expressed concern before the season on this, but it hasn't been one.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, chapelbull said:

Of course.  So where was the issue?  We won 3 straight last week and only gave up 4 in the last loss after he only went 5 in the first game.  I'm looking for an issue other than us not being able to say our "ace" went 7-8+ innings every Friday.

I get why it can be an issue.  i expressed concern before the season on this, but it hasn't been one.

We shall see. Let's hope he gives us a solid 5 on Friday and the bullpen can hold them off. Then Shane can throw again the next week.

Just now, JTrue said:

We shall see. Let's hope he gives us a solid 5 on Friday and the bullpen can hold them off. Then Shane can throw again the next week.

Sure thing.  We can say the same about PS getting back into form and our BA with RISP being better

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Based on how CBM responded to the tourney start, I would say he is looking for more. 

"Equally off his game Wednesday was left-handed ace Shane McClanahan, who reached nearly 40 pitches in the first inning, when he walked Ross Cadena with the bases loaded to score the No. 7-seeded Shockers' first run.

McClanahan (5-7) threw 110 pitches in only five innings of work, scattering a run on five hits while striking out six and walking five.

"I thought he was average at best," Mohl said."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/05/23/no-2-seeded-usf-falls-to-wichita-state-in-aac-tourney-opener/