• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Up-to-date Current NCAA Projections (mine)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

UConn is not hosting.

Of course they could....there is no other team that could host a NE regional. There are 5 teams from NY, 2 from Ct, 1 from Ma. UCONN has a top 16 RPI. You aren't going to make a 4th florida region (well you could in Jax but I doubt it) You already have UNC and ECU with regions in NC so NCst is out. So unless you give it to UCLA which would make a 2 regions in CA or Louisville (which is more likely) for the KY, Tn region. However,  then all those NE teams would have to travel a long distance to fill in other regions, i cant see it happen. Other option i guess is a St Johns region but they were 9-9 against grp 1 and 2 opponents, UConn was 22-14 against grp 1 and 2 opponents. For comparison USF was 21-17 
Example
1. UConn
2. St Johns
3. North Eastern
4. Army

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Of course they could....there is no other team that could host a NE regional. There are 5 teams from NY, 2 from Ct, 1 from Ma. UCONN has a top 16 RPI. You aren't going to make a 4th florida region (well you could in Jax but I doubt it) You already have UNC and ECU with regions in NC so NCst is out. So unless you give it to UCLA which would make a 2 regions in CA or Louisville (which is more likely) for the KY, Tn region. However,  then all those NE teams would have to travel a long distance to fill in other regions, i cant see it happen. Other option i guess is a St Johns region but they were 9-9 against grp 1 and 2 opponents, UConn was 22-14 against grp 1 and 2 opponents. For comparison USF was 21-17 
Example
1. UConn
2. St Johns
3. North Eastern
4. Army

I'll clarify, then. There is very little chance of UConn hosting. They are currently 16 in the RPI, which is nice, but not the definitive marker for hosting, just like in the NCAA BB tourney. If you're playing around with Warren Nolan, they are 16 in RPI, 36 in ELO, 22 in rankings done by people. Yeah, the tourney people might like to have someone host in the Northeast, it would basically be for them and St. Johns, Northeastern, maybe Seton Hall? Possibly slide a Big 10 over there to go with them? 

UConn 1

St Johns 2

Northeastern 3

Purdue is too high to be a 4, maybe Illinois or Michigan?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

If we can get a regional like Baseball America's final projection it would be the best chance we have ever had to get to a super.

1. Stetson 

2. South Florida

3. Florida Atlantic

4. Northwestern State

UConn is officially not hosting. Rest of the field to follow.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

UConn is officially not hosting. Rest of the field to follow.

yep, you are correct. honestly cant believe they gave it to nc st....bleh

Final Projection before selection at noon. One Seeds have already been announced.

Morehead St winning the OVC knocks Houston out of my bracket. But they are the first one out and if anything the committee loves memories so they could still squeak their way in. Plus Troy not winning their tournament has put them in a precarious position so my first four out (Houston, Arizona, Illinois and Missouri) still have a chance. 

Cant really claim p5 bias since somehow Coastal Carolina got a regional over Auburn, Texas A&M and UConn. More likely the thought of having more than 4 teams from a particular conference host made the committee a smidge queasy.

USF went 3-7 against the host teams this year. 

image.thumb.png.0d59f60f1d6aee18b85a0c128ccb0926.png

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

Final Projection before selection at noon. One Seeds have already been announced.

Morehead St winning the OVC knocks Houston out of my bracket. But they are the first one out and if anything the committee loves memories so they could still squeak their way in. Plus Troy not winning their tournament has put them in a precarious position so my first four out (Houston, Arizona, Illinois and Missouri) still have a chance. 

Cant really claim p5 bias since somehow Coastal Carolina got a regional over Auburn, Texas A&M and UConn. More likely the thought of having more than 4 teams from a particular conference host made the committee a smidge queasy.

USF went 3-7 against the host teams this year. 

image.thumb.png.0d59f60f1d6aee18b85a0c128ccb0926.png

Houston is still top 20 in Baseball America, that'd be a major coup if they don't get in.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I don't know how you could put ucf in over Houston? 

Edited by chapelbull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Escaped Florida regional

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Thank god no Gainesville