• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****! Rams release Kayvon Webster

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Injury may be worse than initially thought but there is talk they may bring him back when healthy. 

http://m.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Release-CB-Kayvon-Webster/90678919-726b-4e3c-a960-0da98cbda0b9

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

Saw that they signed Talib - I am still pissed that the Bucs picked him over Mike Jenkins

54 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Saw that they signed Talib - I am still pissed that the Bucs picked him over Mike Jenkins

The words “l am pissed” and “Bucs” go together like peanut butter and jelly. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

That sucks!  He had a solid year. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

The injury hurt him and with all the moves the Rams made the last month this was strictly cap related. Rams held on to him long enough for a portion of his salary to guarantee($500,000) but they still save $4 million in cap space and the Rams will need it for a couple LBers(or 3) and they don’t pick til round 3 after the Cooks trade. 

With his injuries he may miss 80% of 2018 anyway and it being the last year of his contract this has been rumored for a while. Hope he focuses on getting back to healthy and would love to see him sign back up with the Rams. I even think I saw he was going to have a food truck at Rams games this year just earlier today 🤷🏼‍♂️

14 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

The injury hurt him and with all the moves the Rams made the last month this was strictly cap related. Rams held on to him long enough for a portion of his salary to guarantee($500,000) but they still save $4 million in cap space and the Rams will need it for a couple LBers(or 3) and they don’t pick til round 3 after the Cooks trade. 

With his injuries he may miss 80% of 2018 anyway and it being the last year of his contract this has been rumored for a while. Hope he focuses on getting back to healthy and would love to see him sign back up with the Rams. I even think I saw he was going to have a food truck at Rams games this year just earlier today 🤷🏼‍♂️

Still looks like he can come back but that is a tough injury to come back from and be 100%. But I love what the Rams have done this off season. Hope it’s enough! 

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Still looks like he can come back but that is a tough injury to come back from and be 100%. But I love what the Rams have done this off season. Hope it’s enough! 

Agreed it’s been a whirlwind of an off season that’s for sure. If we can get two solid LBs I’m ok with Ebakum starting on one edge. Might actually be a good fit to take a flier on Auggie later in the draft where he could focus on being a run stoping MLB and not worry so much about coverage. 

Finges crossed K Webb makes it back close to 100% and that this may finally be the year we get back to the Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Agreed it’s been a whirlwind of an off season that’s for sure. If we can get two solid LBs I’m ok with Ebakum starting on one edge. Might actually be a good fit to take a flier on Auggie later in the draft where he could focus on being a run stoping MLB and not worry so much about coverage. 

Finges crossed K Webb makes it back close to 100% and that this may finally be the year we get back to the Super Bowl. 

Also...hope they are working on the Donald contract. Got to get they guy signed. 

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Also...hope they are working on the Donald contract. Got to get they guy signed. 

Haha it’s coming. Worst case we can franchise him next year but we have $90 mil in cap for ‘19 and $120 mil in ‘20. Honestly I think Suh and Talib will be the only players we acquired this year plus Donald/Gurley/Goff that aren’t in LA past this year(Suh) or next (Talib). Those Quinn and Tree trades free up over $20 mil each of the next 2 years, somehow with Goff being the last piece(will get the most out of Donald/Peters/Cooks/Gurley) it worked in our favor to keep a young core for a long time. 

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

Haha it’s coming. Worst case we can franchise him next year but we have $90 mil in cap for ‘19 and $120 mil in ‘20. Honestly I think Suh and Talib will be the only players we acquired this year plus Donald/Gurley/Goff that aren’t in LA past this year(Suh) or next (Talib). Those Quinn and Tree trades free up over $20 mil each of the next 2 years, somehow with Goff being the last piece(will get the most out of Donald/Peters/Cooks/Gurley) it worked in our favor to keep a young core for a long time. 

Also need to get Cook for long term as we gave up so much to get him. It would be a killer if that is a one and done. My understanding is that mgt is going to attempt to sign him long term soon. Goff must be a happy camper going into OTAs.