• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eric Lee and Bulls in Super Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

If I'm not mistaken, UCF pockets millions of dollars every year from the system they claim they don't abide by. As soon as they give back the money in protest (you know, since they don't agree with the system), I'll declare them National Champions. Deal?

Please break down the difference in pay between the P5 school and G5 school. If it is even then you win. I will then call it a fair system if the payouts are equal 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

40 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Please break down the difference in pay between the P5 school and G5 school. If it is even then you win. I will then call it a fair system if the payouts are equal 

UCF thought it was a perfectly fair system when they were collecting checks for the past 20 years. That’s like carpooling and accepting a ride from everyone and then when it’s your turn to drive declaring you don’t agree with carpools.

Edited by JTrue
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

http://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/9/20/1641497678_131504027204965649.aspx

The breakdown

(1) Each conference will receive $300,000 for each of its schools when the school's football team meets the NCAA's APR for participation in a post-season football game. Each independent institution will also receive the $300,000 when its football team meets that standard.

(2) Each of the 10 conferences will also receive a base amount. For conferences that have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowl, the base combined with the full academic performance pool will be approximately $54 million for each conference. The five conferences that do not have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowls will receive approximately $81.32 million in aggregate (full academic pool plus base), which the conferences will distribute as they choose. Notre Dame will receive a payment of $2.65 million if it meets the APR standard; the other three independents will share $928,503.

(3) A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game. A conference will receive $4 million for each team that plays in a non-playoff bowl under the arrangement (in 2017-18, the Cotton, Fiesta and Peach Bowls).

(4) Each conference whose team participates in a playoff semifinal, Cotton, Fiesta or Peach Bowl, or in the national championship game will receive $2.25 million to cover expenses for each game.

Edited by BrassBulls12

Part 2 is a little concerning, 54 mil vs approx. 16 mil

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Two of the worse fan bases in football. Maybe the score will end 0 to 0 and right before overtime the earth will open up and swallow both teams. 

Cheer for the meteor!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Two of the worse fan bases in football. Maybe the score will end 0 to 0 and right before overtime the earth will open up and swallow both teams. 

They'll just make more teams. The earth would also need to swallow the entire stadium full of d-bags for it to be truly meaningful...:04-cheers:

Edited by raptorcj

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Part 2 is a little concerning, 54 mil vs approx. 16 mil

Bingo!! That is why something needs to be fixed or it will keep on getting worse.

7 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Bingo!! That is why something needs to be fixed or it will keep on getting worse.

That has more to do with the major bowls. They had deals with the P5 conferences previously and that couldn't be ignored. But this is all a mute point. We agreed to all of this so like i've said, if you have a problem with CFP advocate for USF to go FCS. 

5 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That has more to do with the major bowls. They had deals with the P5 conferences previously and that couldn't be ignored. But this is all a mute point. We agreed to all of this so like i've said, if you have a problem with CFP advocate for USF to go FCS. 

Nah, I rather USF stay in FBS and claim national titles whenever we go undefeated a la UCF. To me, what UCF did this season to claim part of the national title is genius 

• Downvote 2