• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I finally agree with UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, Capital H said:

People keep promoting this like it will somehow help out USF or UCF. All this does is allow teams like Alabama, Miami/Clemson, and USC/Stanford to get in.

There is zero incentive for the P5 or the committee to be inclusive in this system. The pie can expand (I disagree that it should but thats another debate), but the G5 wont even get the crumbs.

You missed the part where the top ranked G5 team (UCF or Memphis this year) gets one of the eight spots.  

The incentive for the P5 is that all five conferences would be guaranteed a conference champion in a field of eight, potentially getting two or more teams in with at large bids.  As it stands now, at least one P5 conference gets shut out of the playoff every year.  Last year the B12 got shut out.  This year it is going to be the PAC12.  Maybe once the mighty $EC gets shut out something will change.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Until officials from a P5 confirm this media/fan driven sentiment, I'm treating this like the "P5's won't consider us without an ocs" ramblings.

With your sentiment there, are we now supposed to pull for the Kanigits to beat Memphis and then win their NY6 bowl?

Technically "yes" but because of the hate...probably not. But what "our" perception is (in terms of hate) is irrelevant. I am talking about how others outside of the AAC see USF and ucf. They see as twins and that may not be a bad thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Until officials from a P5 confirm this media/fan driven sentiment, I'm treating this like the "P5's won't consider us without an ocs" ramblings.

With your sentiment there, are we now supposed to pull for the Kanigits to beat Memphis and then win their NY6 bowl?

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Technically "yes" but because of the hate...probably not. But what "our" perception is (in terms of hate) is irrelevant. I am talking about how others outside of the AAC see USF and ucf. They see as twins and that may not be a bad thing.

So why would we want UCF to accomplish anything more that may get those outside of the AAC to start taking a closer look at that relationship. Let's take off the g&g glasses for a minute. Since we've been on the same level for the last 5 years, they would have had 3 conference championships and 2 NY6 bowl wins, and a 3-2 record against us . Their 0fer in there would have been more than compensated for as much as we want to make fun of it. We've had a bowl win against a 6-6 USCe team. Lamenting their CFP rankings and especially wishing them any more success is not what's in the best interest for USF and just plain ******* crazy, imo.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So why would we want UCF to accomplish anything more that may get those outside of the AAC to start taking a closer look at that relationship. Let's take off the g&g glasses for a minute. Since we've been on the same level for the last 5 years, they would have had 3 conference championships and 2 NY6 bowl wins, and a 3-2 record against us . Their 0fer in there would have been more than compensated for as much as we want to make fun of it. We've had a bowl win against a 6-6 USCe team. Lamenting their CFP rankings and especially wishing them any more success is not what's in the best interest for USF and just plain ******* crazy, imo.

IF a UCF win absolutely guarantees that USF will be in a P5 conference, I'll cheer for them. Otherwise, NEVER! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

IF a UCF win absolutely guarantees that USF will be in a P5 conference, I'll cheer for them. Otherwise, NEVER! 

Eggzactly ..... although, there could come scenarios in the future where a UCF win would lock up a division championship for us so that would also be acceptable.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I hope UCF loses to Memphis, and then wins the Mower Bowl

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Again, my point is there is nothing we can do about it...it is the way the media and others outside the conference view it. I personally want them to lose Sat and/or their bowl game. 

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

They're getting nowhere near the top 4 with the 83rd ranked schedule, per Sagarin, schedule so what the heck does it matter where they are. Still trying to embrace this Rivalry so just don't understand the mea culpas about them getting screwed ...... **** em

A "**** em" to the Kanigits gets a down vote?? What in the wide, wide world of sports is this board coming to ....?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A "**** em" to the Kanigits gets a down vote?? What in the wide, wide world of sports is this board coming to ....?

Probably a sleeper cell...

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I just went back to one of your down posts and off set it with a positive vote (not sure if I got the one you were referring to). Yeah, I agree, nothing wrong telling the rival to **** it.