• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

My real concern is this. Let's say that all those who believed that USF had been holding back all season were right. Fine. But for the Houston game, that should have been the game that unleashed whatever that was held back.

Offensively, that first half really turned my stomach. I'm not going to get negative here, but it was bad from my eyes.

Could better play selections and good offensive planning have made a difference or athletes vs. athletes negate everything, like when 'Bama plays LSU to a low score?

I really don't know; I want to give the OC the benefit of doubt. But other teams had torched Houston plenty.

I wish I knew more about football to answer this for myself. I only have green N gold goggles to guide me. Via that, I think we've been sputtering like crazy!

Edited by Flowers4Heisman

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As much as I am still upset about how the Houston game ended, I am happy about how our offense played @UConn. Q had a RECORD day passing. Perhaps, we learned some things from that loss which can help us going forward in our remaining games.

In reality, the loss to Houston only affected where the CCG will be played.

We would STILL have to win @UCF before playing that game.

If we can win @UCF, I feel pretty confident that we can win @Memphis.

I believe we have won our last six road games.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

43 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

As much as I am still upset about how the Houston game ended, I am happy about how our offense played @UConn. Q had a RECORD day passing. Perhaps, we learned some things from that loss which can help us going forward in our remaining games.

In reality, the loss to Houston only affected where the CCG will be played.

We would STILL have to win @UCF before playing that game.

If we can win @UCF, I feel pretty confident that we can win @Memphis.

I believe we have won our last six road games.

I need to watch it again. I remember not being impressed by what I saw. But maybe my eyes were still mad from the previous week.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

I need to watch it again. I remember not being impressed by what I saw. But maybe my eyes were still mad from the previous week.

Perhaps this will refresh your recollection.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/JAhP0MMAI4PaD/?w=0_9729

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Could Taggart bat down a 4th and 24 pass?  Could Taggart not overpursue on a broken play QB run where Sawtelle was way out of position considering his lack of speed?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Okay, we've had time, so let's look at this objectively now. I'm referring to the Houston game. Why? It relates to the future.

T

HOU

USF

We know Houston had similar athletes and talents. But does that explain the game?

Am I wrong to assume that had Taggart been at the helm in that game, like when he was last year @ USF, that the game would be different, offensively speaking?

Absolutely a different game offensively. But Houston also puts 40+ on the board.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Lots of YAC and throwing to WR standing still did the trick. He did throw those routes alot better.