• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

24 Hour Rule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

4th and 24 will live in infamy with other phrases, such as Voodoo 5, Illegal Forward Propulsion, etc.

What is the Voodoo 5 play? Is that the Connecticutt naked bootleg?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

What is the Voodoo 5 play? Is that the Connecticutt naked bootleg?

http://www.tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/bulls-unable-to-shake-memories-of-voodoo--170095

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I hope this loss has pissed this team off for the last 3 season games.

This! These guys (especially seniors) know its do or die. I want to see a locked down team with leadership that keeps everyone focused. Might be a few years before we get this chance again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, deadudea said:

It's true.. As much as it hurts, sucks, and how exposed they got, I'm much more comfortable being the underdog. If USF is the only thing standing between UCF's undefeated season and championship (rather than vice-versa), I like the odds. 

On that note, as it looks now, USF doesn't look like they have a sliver of a chance against UCF, but there are two games in between... Let's see if any adjustments are made now.

Exactly this.

Call me crazy, but I actually like our chances at winning the conference championship better after Saturday's game. 

Obviously we have taken away any margin for error in the next two games by losing and I would have preferred to win but I think this helps our chances against UCF which was always the biggest obstacle. Now we have that taste of blood in our mouth and the target off our backs. Pressure is all on UCF now. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You guys gotta be kidding me.

It was fun being ranked and favored in our games.  It's much better to be that way.  You guys think the players want to be the underdog?  I don't know about you, but it was pretty cool having people up here paying attention to USF because we were undefeated and ranked.

The view is WAY better being the lead dog.  For now, we get to stare at UCF's nasty, un-wiped ass since they're in front of us now.  

I hope those of you who enjoy being the underdog enjoy the view.  

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You guys gotta be kidding me.

It was fun being ranked and favored in our games.  It's much better to be that way.  You guys think the players want to be the underdog?  I don't know about you, but it was pretty cool having people up here paying attention to USF because we were undefeated and ranked.

The view is WAY better being the lead dog.  For now, we get to stare at UCF's nasty, un-wiped ass since they're in front of us now.  

I hope those of you who enjoy being the underdog enjoy the view.  

Who said anything about enjoying the view? The whole point is you don't enjoy it and it motivates you that much more to fix it.

I couldn't give two cents about people "paying attention" to USF. Guess what it was all just lip service anyways, no one really cared and they were just waiting for us to lose anyways. The goal has been and continues to be winning the conference championship. If staring at UCF's ass for three weeks helps us do that then I am all for it.

Yea of course I would have preferred us not to lose and be close to a top 10 ranking right now, but if that happened and we still lost to UCF then it still wouldn't matter. 

3 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

I couldn't give two cents about people "paying attention" to USF.

Well, since it's all about you ... 

Recruits look at this ish too.  It's important for USF to have the visibility it has enjoyed for the last 7-8 weeks.  We're trying to build a program here, not make you and the others that aren't "comfortable" as a favorite feel better.  

I hope you're right about how this team will react to the loss.  We'll see, but let's not do a UCF and find a moral victory here in a pretty painful, avoidable loss.  

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Well, since it's all about you ... 

Recruits look at this ish too.  It's important for USF to have the visibility it has enjoyed for the last 7-8 weeks.  We're trying to build a program here, not make you and the others that aren't "comfortable" as a favorite feel better.  

I hope you're right about how this team will react to the loss.  We'll see, but let's not do a UCF and find a moral victory here in a pretty painful, avoidable loss.  

Let me preface this by saying, there are a million scenarios out there in college football and these events are not mutually exclusive, but for sake of argument which of these two options looks better to a recruit?

1) USF goes 10-0. Reaches top 10 and loses to UCF on Black Friday. Doesn't get a CCG and plays in god knows what stupid bowl and finishes season 11-1.

2) USF goes 9-1 with loss to Houston. Stays unranked until beating UCF on Black Friday. Beats Memphis in CCG and goes to Peach bowl.

Just now, BucsandBulls said:

Let me preface this by saying, there are a million scenarios out there in college football and these events are not mutually exclusive, but for sake of argument which of these two options looks better to a recruit?

1) USF goes 10-0. Reaches top 10 and loses to UCF on Black Friday. Doesn't get a CCG and plays in god knows what stupid bowl and finishes season 11-1.

2) USF goes 9-1 with loss to Houston. Stays unranked until beating UCF on Black Friday. Beats Memphis in CCG and goes to Peach bowl.

With all due respect, it's a waste of time to even bring that up.  Best case scenario was we won and we are 8-0 today.  That didn't happen.  Now we are unranked and UCF is #15 and undefeated.

Let's bring this back up after 11/24.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

It's actually true.  This sucks, but if we run the table...meaning UCF and Memphis (or whoever in the AAC champ game), we would surely be the highest ranked G5 team & hit the Peach Bowl.  Odds are a bit long...but no longer than they were before we gifted that game to Houston.

By "sarcasm" Jupe, I meant "are you kiddin me?"  Based upon our adventures in our first seven wins against weak teams and our ridiculous loss against Houston, I don't see it happening.  UCONN is a trap game and no way we stay within 17 points of UCF.  Memphis would most likely manhandle us also.  I can only go by what I see.