• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

38K would have filled 95% of the proposed OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

Actually the attendance issues at UCF are more REVENUE based.

The AD changed the ticket and STH program to be maximize REVENUE rather than fill the stadium with Cheap or FREE tickets.  More Premium seats, Cabana and other Clubs.  

Does that mean the Cabana seats at BHS cost about $5 each to build, and UCF sells them for the equivalent about about $5k a game?  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

The AD changed the ticket and STH program to be maximize REVENUE rather than fill the stadium with Cheap or FREE tickets.  More Premium seats, Cabana and other Clubs.  

So the lower attendance (still in mid to upper 30k) likely is benefiting the program even more than a FULL HOUSE,   Time will tell if this was a wise move or not but that seems to be in play at this time.

I disagree with this. both UCF and USF are large enough that we certainly should have 40,000+ alumni that can afford the tickets.  The real problems are:  too large of a percentage of our students and alumni are fans of other  schools, and we're stuck in a conference where we can't win a national championship.  We might actually be better of in FCS than G5 in that regard.

4 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

Bringing alumni back on campus is AWESOME.   Other than basketball when I lived in the area (Sarasota), there was no reason for me to return to USF campus 

This type of environment at USF would give a reason to return to campus.

I know most hate that I posted this instead of another school.....but I am an Alum of BOTH so....

I have a preference but want BOTH to prosper!!

UCF Spectrum Stadium.jpg-large

I don't disagree with this, but it doesn't have a tangible impact on attendance.

It's all about the cost v. demand curve to maximize revenues.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

If they were smart that would be GREAT investment and return... (smile)

Maybe ... but it looks like ****.  (smile)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

So the lower attendance (still in mid to upper 30k) likely is benefiting the program even more than a FULL HOUSE,   Time will tell if this was a wise move or not but that seems to be in play at this time.

yep that is the current debate UCF fans are having that are a little frustrated with the team ranked and not having complete sellouts. UCF tickets are expensive for the conference we are in but the AD White thinks Revenue #s are more important to pitch to P5 leagues in the future, hence the $22K field level cabanas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ambienknights said:

hence the $22K field level cabanas. 

It's hard to fathom anyone paying 5% of that number for those blights on the field.  

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

5 hours ago, Atlanta Bull said:

I say build it to hold 38K, just sounds like the right number, with expansion to 48K. The design needs to have an arena football field feel, right on top of the action. Also put some hedges in there, all big time stadiums have hedges. Have a Bull run end zone to end zone before kick off. Cheerleaders dress like Cowgirls (see Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, hot!). Have a cigar smoking section since its in Tampa. You can smoke a cigar on a college campus right? Free orange juice since Tropicana is just down the road. And there needs to be sunscreen, shade, bathrooms and cold water everywhere. Make it the best experience in college football! (paid for by the Right to Have a Good Time at a Bulls Game Foundation).

Is that the Sweet Water Brewery in your profile pic?  Great beer!  Like their IPAs.

Okay, if you go to the game, to actually watch the game, field level seating sucks, you really can't see what's going on, especially when they're on the end zone opposite of you.

1 minute ago, BullFan98 said:

Is that the Sweet Water Brewery in your profile pic?  Great beer!  Like their IPAs.

Really enjoyed their Goin' Coastal IPA this past summer.  TripleTail was along the same lines, too.  I have a couple of their cucumber saison seasonal in my fridge right now.