• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Postgame quotes and video

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

USF Football Postgame Quotes

Oct. 14, 2017

Coach Strong (Opening Statement) “It’s great that we got the win and we’re 6-0, but it wasn’t good enough. We can play much better than what we played. We have to execute, and we had too many penalties. When you play a good football team you’re going to get beat and that’s what I just told our guys. When you go you there you can’t mope around. You have to play with some energy. You have to play with some passion. We have to play much better than we played tonight because we’re a much better football team than we showed tonight. We can’t go out there and kind of go through the motions thinking we’re better than we are. We haven’t arrived yet. I think that sometimes that’s what we think, and we need to get rid of that attitude. When things like this happen it’s all on the coaching staff. We allow it to happen. When you allow it to happen you see what goes on out there.

On how far the team can go: “We don’t know how far we can go because we haven’t put together a complete game on offense, on defense, and in the kicking game. When we get that to happen we’ll see how good we really are.”

On why he is fired up: “The penalties stopped drives, so defense when you get a penalty you allow them to keep going which pushes us back. We’re not good enough to go and convert. You can’t expect a bail out every time.”

On if they practiced well this week: “It has nothing to do with how well we practiced. It has to do to with what you do when you go out there on Saturday, and you have to execute.”

On records: “I don’t ever look at records. Very easily we could’ve lost tonight. We got the ball in the red zone and got field goals when they should’ve been touchdowns.”

On whether Quinton needs to get more shots near the goal line: “Well it depends on what the coverage is giving. You have to be able to move people off the line of scrimmage and run the ball too. It’s not so much the shots, but it’s what they’re playing. Any time you get close to the goal line, then you condense the coverage and there’s not going to be many throws. The throws have to be on point. But then if you can move the people off the line of scrimmage, you can run the ball, then you can set up the throw.”

On how well the defense is playing: “When you look at playing to win, you have to play great defense. Our defense understands that, our team understands that. We know what the offense is doing, but defensively we have to go out there and make stops. They missed the one field goal that could have tied up the game, then Auggie makes the big play right before half that kind of ignites everybody. Those are things that we have to do because we have to play great defense.”

On how easily the team could suffer a let down like Clemson or Washington State: “It could very easily happen to us. It could have happened tonight. I’m not taking anything away from Cincinnati, but if they could have gotten some scores there early and we’re playing back on our heels. Once we’re playing back on our heels, we give up more plays, and on those more plays we give up more points, and then we’re trying to play catch-up. Then you start forcing the ball, forcing the action, and those things happen to you.”

On what he’s upset the most about tonight: “It’s the penalties, it’s the execution, just not playing well. Slopping around. We’re a better football team than where we are. Sometimes, after a victory, everyone wants to be all jolly. You can’t always be jolly. We didn’t play well. We didn’t play up to our standard. We can always play better.”

Quarterback Quinton Flowers On tonight’s game: “We played a little sloppy today, but we have to continue to play the game.”

On what to take away from this game: “I would say make better reads. Go out there and take what the defense gives me.”

On wanting the ball in scoring situations: “I am not going to say I want the ball every time, but at the end of the day the offense has to give it a two-way go and we have to continue doing the things we did.”

On 30 points streak: “Can’t stop and won’t stop what I am doing. I came here to do what I am doing now, making my family proud and making my mom proud. Just being a difference maker on the team.”

Defensive Lineman Greg Reaves On becoming a leader on the defense: “Each and every day I just go out there and play my role. If it is picking up the freshman having a slow day or the seniors having a rough day, I try to preach to be the same person, and that is what I try to do.”

Kicker Emilio Nadelman On feeling pressure: “I try to stay calm. When I am out there I try to wear noise cancelling headphones, be as confident as I can and make it through the uprights.” On energy in the locker room at half: “It was great. You could tell our team has been coming together so everybody is excited for everybody. When someone is playing well, there is always a congratulations, then we try to just keep moving forward.”

Linebacker Auggie Sanchez On the interception: “They just converted and got a free play. I am just thinking ‘get depth.’ I am thinking Hail Mary, long shot, then it came to me. I got it, ran up the sideline and saw a lot of green grass on the left side, so I cut across the field. There were a lot of good blocks from the guys.”

On defensive success this year: “Absolutely. Coming off of last year we had a huge chip on our shoulder and even the ECU game, we had a chip on our shoulder. Tonight, we came back and got back into the form that we are accustomed to.”

Cincinnati Head Coach Luke Fickle: “...USF is the best in our league and ...”

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

Kicker Emilio Nadelman On feeling pressure: “I try to stay calm. When I am out there I try to wear noise cancelling headphones,

Gotta wonder if this is an equipment violation. If something like this caused us to void a victory, I would be really pissed.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

46 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Gotta wonder if this is an equipment violation. If something like this caused us to void a victory, I would be really pissed.

Lol, I think he was being figurative, not literal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

47 minutes ago, charsibb said:

A lot of NFL players wear special ear plugs to cancel out crowd noise.  Not sure what NCAA rules are.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

nvm

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

BTW, I really like how Coach Strong does sugarcoat things.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

In the in game thread we were asked why we had to be so negative. CCS just answered for those of us who were unhappy with the play more eloquently than I could.