• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Looking at our roster it seems like DT is the area that we lack depth in defense. So i would expect his movement back into the Dline.

What do you guys think.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I think you are right. Searcy needs is going to have to play both ways this year, if not all together concentrate on DT the whole year.

DT is probably the weakest link on the team right  now. I would put RB up their b/c after Hall we have nobody proven as backups  nor at the FB position.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wasn't this guy supposed to be real good

what happened

Guest S.  Bien

No one is taking into consideration the positional changes.  Tavarious Robinson is now a DT.  He was over 270lbs at the spring game.  

DT is Eric Thomas, Cray, Robinson, Jones, Clebert.  Not extremely deep or heavy but they're talented.  I suspect Searcy will swing on short-yardage.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

We've got some talent behind Hall in the name of Ricky Ponton, although I will say that this position is a likely focus in the next recruiting season.

Guest Vanilla Rice

Wow, S. Bien, how do you know all that?  It sounds like you're a member of the team (or want to be).

Guest Vanilla Rice

A football recruit is like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get.  

Guest S.  Bien
Wow, S. Bien, how do you know all that?  It sounds like you're a member of the team (or want to be).

Because I attended practice and saw TR playing some DT, and DE, and he played it during the spring game.  I also spoke with Coach Lane about the DL for a few minutes.  As for Searcy, that's simply a casual observation like everyone else's since we've lost some beef at DT to attrition.

Why would I want to be a member of the team?  I am to old now and do my help by donating.  It sounds to me like either you'd like to be or are one, but how can one tell since you've decided to come here and try to ridicule everyone.

Guest Vanilla Rice

Sorry S. Bien.  You sound like a know it all and what is known as a "jock sniffer" in laymen's terms.  Someone who has never strapped on a shoulder pads and helmet.  How do you know I'm not on the team now?  I find it insulting when there are people busting their butt out there and then people go out and talk about it on a chat site like they know what's going on when they don't.  

Guest Vanilla Rice

And as far as talking to coaches.  They don't tell you much just like they also pick and chose what they tell reporters.  Except for the obvious, a lot of things are on a need to know basis and I don't think you need to know.