• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AP and Coaches Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

With SDSU breathing down our neck, if you want a legit shot at a NY6, as distasteful as it is, you should ...

I presume you missed my response to Apis.

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

As of last week, they weren't even receiving votes. But I'll take your word on the current ones.

I haven't seen the updated FCS coaches poll.

I assume it will be here.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/20/week/3/year/2017/seasontype/2

Stony Brook is now 2-1.

Yesterday, they beat Sacred Heart 45-7.

They will have several opportunities against some ranked and RV teams.

Their next two opponents, Towson and William & Mary, are receiving votes.

On Oct 14th they play current #11 New Hampshire. (NH may not be ranked this week, because they lost badly @Holy Cross).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/stony-brook-suny

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

With SDSU breathing down our neck, if you want a legit shot at a NY6, as distasteful as it is, you should ...

22 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I presume you missed my response to Apis.

Absolutely saw it ..... just thought you were asking for our opinions ... that was more a rhetorical "you" in my response. ;)

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely saw it ..... just thought you were asking for our opinions ... that was more a rhetorical "you" in my response. ;)

OK.

Perhaps, we need a rhetorical emoticon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rhetorical+question+emoticon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBpr3C8a3WAhUERSYKHSRaBvsQ_AUICigB&biw=968&bih=360#imgrc=_

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, CPR said:

Do MIA fans root for FSU? UF fans for FSU?

They don't need too because their conference gets respect . Win out pretty much going to playoffs .. they don't have our problem 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

What we did last year probably was a factor in the preseason ranking this year I guess, although I'm not crazy about preseason rankings. I think 20-25 is fair. Look forward to seeing us against decent competition to gauge how good this team is, but when does that happen?

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

Exactly. I'm not saying we shouldn't be ranked, but I don't get why what we did last year means anything right now. We finished the year #19. Since then, we've lost xCWT, Mack, and Adams and added a head coach that went 16-21 at his last stop. Then to kick off 2017, we looked ok against probably the worst team in FBS football, looked about the same against a bottom feeder FCS team, and then looked very solid against probably the second worst team in FBS football. I'll take #21 at this point.

Ok I see your point but what did Miami or UF do last year to be ranked? Which of their "awesome" QBs are coming back?  All we needed was to have our best player back Quinton flowers and we should have the benefit of doubt over UF and Miami 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NYCbull said:

Ok I see your point but what did Miami or UF do last year to be ranked? Which of their "awesome" QBs are coming back?  All we needed was to have our best player back Quinton flowers and we should have the benefit of doubt over UF and Miami 

I can't tell you why Miami or Florida were ranked where they were in the preseason poll. Recruiting is an inexact science, and is often not fair, but should be more accurate (theoretically) at the end of the season when everything has played itself out. 

12 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Perhaps, three teams.

UCF was receiving votes in the Coaches poll last week. If they continue to play well, they will be getting votes from the coaches again.

Hopefully they're still receiving votes when we play them, which is late in the season.

12 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Miami dropping down to 14 is a joke they have only played one game vs a bad FCS team. 

Two of the teams that were ranked just ahead of Miami, Auburn & Louisville, lost to Clemson, which dropped them a few spots. Nobody will be penalized too much for losing to Clemson though, so understandable they fell behind Miami, but are still ahead of us. I can understand the frustration though, that Miami has won one game on the season....two weeks ago against Bethune Cookman, and rose three spots in this week's poll. Stony Brook is probably a better quality win than Bethune Cookman, and SJSU & Illinois certainly are, yet we've dropped two spots since the beginning of the season. I wasn't all that interested in the rankings until seeing where San Diego State landed this week. Will be really interesting to see how that shakes out.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

UF will lose at least 4 games this year and possibly 5. Do they then come after Ol Charlie?