• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018 SG Diante Wood(AL)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Normally, I wouldn't be too jazzed, but I like CBG. Anyone he's seriously chasing at thus point is a possibility.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Normally, I wouldn't be too jazzed, but I like CBG. Anyone he's seriously chasing at thus point is a possibility.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you saying you, "wouldn't be too jazzed," because you normally would not expect us to beat out Bama for a player?

I could understand that point of view.

If it's because you don't think this player is worth being jazzed up about, then I would disagree. He would be the best ranked player in this class. ESPN has him a 4 star and #1 in his state.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216573/diante-wood

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he chooses USF.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

He chose Alabama.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

11 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

11 minutes ago, TExpress said:

He chose Alabama.

8.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160)

10:19 AM: ALABAMA LANDS LOCAL THREE STAR SHOOTING GUARD  

jw6tq0ympt4fue3lb9tx
Diante Wood
Shooting guard
 RR: N/A
Sacred Heart Catholic School
Anniston, AL
6'5" 185 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - ALABAMA

RANK

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE

We have our first (mild) surprise of National Signing Day thanks to three-star shooting guard 

During a press conference at his high school, the senior announced that he would stay home to play for Alabama. Headed into the announcement, South Florida had been considered a slight leader for his services.

The Crimson Tide needed a shooting guard in this cycle just in case freshman 

decides to leave for the NBA and Wood has size and scoring ability that could help in a pinch. It also gives them insurance in case another target four-star Robert Woodard elects to go elsewhere.

Wood is Avery Johnson's second recruit in the class of 2018 and joins four-star point guard Jared Butler in Bama's early class.

- Bossi

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This still is puzzling to me not because he chose Bama, but because I'm just not sure how much USF was really recruiting him. USF was after several SGs along with Wood, but once they got arguably the best one from the bunch in Rashawn Langston, all recruitment of other guards seem to stop. One of the reasons it probably stooped was USF seem to be out of scholarships at this time. I do believe they will look to add a piece in the spring when a spot likely comes open. 

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

This still is puzzling to me not because he chose Bama, but because I'm just not sure how much USF was really recruiting him. USF was after several SGs along with Wood, but once they got arguably the best one from the bunch in Rashawn Langston, all recruitment of other guards seem to stop. One of the reasons it probably stooped was USF seem to be out of scholarships at this time. I do believe they will look to add a piece in the spring when a spot likely comes open. 

I do remember reading an article recently where our coach said he had to turn down a recruit who visited and wanted to commit, but we ran out of scholarships. I am not sure if he was talking about the 2017 or 2018 class.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Mama_Bull said:

I do remember reading an article recently where our coach said he had to turn down a recruit who visited and wanted to commit, but we ran out of scholarships. I am not sure if he was talking about the 2017 or 2018 class.

Yeah I think he was talking about the 2017 class, but isn't that a good problem to have? Normally USF is having all kinds of heck just trying to get any good prospect to seriously look at them, but so far Coach Gregory hasn't had much trouble getting good prospects to take a serious look at USF.

I think the roster will continue to improve in the years to come.