• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More on Brian Fisher

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

It amuses me that we continue to treat BF as some sort of moron without reading what he actually did. He turned HIMSELF in, provided bail, and is trying to get the whole thing sorted out. It is not as if he has done the same stupid thing again-- nope, he is dealing with the same goof ups from before.

I can't imagine having someone trail my every move if I were invovled in something like this and then accuse me of being some sort of **** over and over again, as if THEY have some sort of right to judge how I live my life. OK-- the kid played football at USF. Whether he ever does again or not, at some point can we all agree that we are imposing on HIS life with this blow-by-blow nonsense? It is the normal course of business when dealing with a criminal matter, not a new event.

Brian-- if you are reading this-- I wish you well and hope you get your stuff all taken care of-- even if you never come back to USF. I hope you have enough sense to blow off what some message board fans are saying who have no business judging you in the first place.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

FWIW: The Prospects and Potential Recruits Board is and was named such to facilitate talk on prospects and potential recruits.  E.T. was posting information on high school kids that may never even appear on a Bulls offer sheet or have any interest whatsoever in the Bulls - a very macro look.

We do not have to have the hard rules that something go on a specific board, but in the case of high school positional talent, I think you will agree with me that is only distantly related to USF Athletics.  It was reporting on high school athletes for future use.

While I wouldn't care to read Fisher's latest adventures, it would be sensible to locate it on the main board.  As well as Brumbaugh and Schaeffer - since neither are simply prospects or potential recruits...Both have been or are being recruited.  Certainly not at the prospect stage and both are at a stage where only their decision stands between being a Bull and another one that got away.

Thanks for the clarifying remarks. I know this is your board and we are allowed to post on it by the grace of ... oh yeah... you.  That all makes sense. I just always felt like if a kid was being recruited by us or talking about coming here or not coming here, than it was Bulls business.

I remember one time (at band camp) on a Bull board long ago when it was attempted to seperate out B-Ball, softball, soccer, etc... ugh... glad that experiment ended quickly.

I figure if its really important I will see it here and if it is completely unimportant but funny I will see it in the Mad Cow. Anything else.....UCF, Lightning, Rays, Bucs can go without me reading or contributing....

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I like the seperate boards, especially during the height of football recruiting season.  Too many threads were getting bumped to the second or third page in a matter of moments.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

separate but equal boards?

we heard that one before

poor brian fisher

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Thanks for the clarifying remarks. I know this is your board and we are allowed to post on it by the grace of ... oh yeah... you.  That all makes sense. I just always felt like if a kid was being recruited by us or talking about coming here or not coming here, than it was Bulls business.

I remember one time (at band camp) on a Bull board long ago when it was attempted to seperate out B-Ball, softball, soccer, etc... ugh... glad that experiment ended quickly.

I figure if its really important I will see it here and if it is completely unimportant but funny I will see it in the Mad Cow. Anything else.....UCF, Lightning, Rays, Bucs can go without me reading or contributing....

I agree, Leavittation...

It sounds like a simple rule:

A player that has mentioned USF or is being recruited by USF --> okay for the main board

A player that would be nice to go after, or a high-school athlete that isn't being recruited yet --> for the prospects board.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Thug Life!  This ones for you Brian!

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

****... Brian Fisher paid a $17,000 bail... wouldn't have been easier for him to just to goto court? Hopefully we'll see him back this year on the field! Thugs rule... especially 5'6" thugs! You gotta love the little guys!

Sheriff, you only need 10% to pay the bondsmen to get you out.  Then, you lose that money to the bondsmen.  So he paid $1,700 to get out of jail and won't get any of that money back.  Still a pretty big chunck of change to throw down, but not $17k.  Unless, he put up the 17k cash himself....not likely though.  

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

FWIW: The Prospects and Potential Recruits Board is and was named such to facilitate talk on prospects and potential recruits.  E.T. was posting information on high school kids that may never even appear on a Bulls offer sheet or have any interest whatsoever in the Bulls - a very macro look.

We do not have to have the hard rules that something go on a specific board, but in the case of high school positional talent, I think you will agree with me that is only distantly related to USF Athletics.  It was reporting on high school athletes for future use.

While I wouldn't care to read Fisher's latest adventures, it would be sensible to locate it on the main board.  As well as Brumbaugh and Schaeffer - since neither are simply prospects or potential recruits...Both have been or are being recruited.  Certainly not at the prospect stage and both are at a stage where only their decision stands between being a Bull and another one that got away.

Brad I understand where you're coming from, but please be aware that a "recruit" by definition is someone who is newly a member of an organization. By inference, a "potential recruit" is someone who has potential to be a new member of an organization. So you can see where the confusion lies.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Sheriff, you only need 10% to pay the bondsmen to get you out.  Then, you lose that money to the bondsmen.  So he paid $1,700 to get out of jail and won't get any of that money back.  Still a pretty big chunck of change to throw down, but not $17k.  Unless, he put up the 17k cash himself....not likely though.  

You only have to put 10% down, but you have to provide collateral for the other 90%... if you use a bond and jump bail, the bail bondsman still pays the full 100% to the court... most require collateral to reduce their risk...

Not only can the bondsmen hunt you down and arrest you (think bounty hunter) but they get to keep your 10% and your collateral, too.

It's a lucrative business to get in -- if have the cash to post the bail for all your bondees.