• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Radio Broadcast while in Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Many years ago, a company (i don't recall the name) made an ear piece that you could buy for around $20 and you could listen to the game broadcast in real time while in the stadium.... This company is still around as i see people on TV at other venues have this device, it no longer exists for USF.  

USF games are on AM radio and its quite challenging finding an AM app turner that has the USF broadcast channel on the iPhone....you can listen to the game through other means via the iPhone but then its not in real time, and there is a 5-10 second delay on the broadcast. 

Surely, you could go old school and purchase a walkman, however those are not bluetooth compatible therefore you are listening with a headphone wire hanging down to your walkman. 

I am looking for a way to listen to the game in real time (no delay) while in the stadium using bluetooth/wireless headphones,  any suggestions would be great!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

You might have to deal with AM/FM headphones. Anything over the web and it's going to have a delay. Plus, I always had problems getting it to buffer.

Watching a live game without the USF broadcast team is like going to Mons without money...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I use TuneIn Radio App while in the lot or away on travel....never tried it during a game. It has the pregame and post game shows. Never have any trouble ....running data. Not sure if there is a delay from real-time or not. BTW.... I just run the free app......I'm old school... Has anyone looked into Sports-Devil....just wondering if it works on the cbs sports network stuff?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

on a side note, is there an archive of radio calls for old games that I can listen to? would love to listen to some of our past games

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

on a side note, is there an archive of radio calls for old games that I can listen to? would love to listen to some of our past games

Contact Jim Louke at USF he might be able to help. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Jewbull said:

Many years ago, a company (i don't recall the name) made an ear piece that you could buy for around $20 and you could listen to the game broadcast in real time while in the stadium.... This company is still around as i see people on TV at other venues have this device, it no longer exists for USF.  

USF games are on AM radio and its quite challenging finding an AM app turner that has the USF broadcast channel on the iPhone....you can listen to the game through other means via the iPhone but then its not in real time, and there is a 5-10 second delay on the broadcast. 

Surely, you could go old school and purchase a walkman, however those are not bluetooth compatible therefore you are listening with a headphone wire hanging down to your walkman. 

I am looking for a way to listen to the game in real time (no delay) while in the stadium using bluetooth/wireless headphones,  any suggestions would be great!

I've got the old school walkman, listening to the AM broadcast, and there's still a little delay ...