• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong and USF kick off the CBS Sports Network 2017 schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Not sure if the TV info for the San Jose game was common knowledge but it's here:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/preseason-favorite-south-florida-kicks-off-aac-schedule-on-cbs-sports-network/

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

The only bad news to come from that article is that there is a possibility that our September 30th game against ECU will be a nooner on CBS Sports Network. It's a road game, so not as big of a deal from a "fan" standpoint, but USF needs all of the national attention it can garner and the more games played on CBS Sports Network the fewer viewers that will get to watch USF play. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The only bad news to come from that article is that there is a possibility that our September 30th game against ECU will be a nooner on CBS Sports Network. It's a road game, so not as big of a deal from a "fan" standpoint, but USF needs all of the national attention it can garner and the more games played on CBS Sports Network the fewer viewers that will get to watch USF play. 

Yeah any nooners on that network is bad news. From a viewer standpoint it seems better to be on WatchESPN, but I know technically that isn't "national TV." I'm feeling homecoming this year again will be a nooner; which sucks. 

Just now, Ionbull said:

Yeah any nooners on that network is bad news. From a viewer standpoint it seems better to be on WatchESPN, but I know technically that isn't "national TV." I'm feeling homecoming this year again will be a nooner; which sucks. 

WatchESPN at least gets you the benefit of the ESPN bias where their on-air personalities mention the games appearing on the ESPN family of networks and digital platforms with greater frequency than the games that are aired on other networks. Thankfully, we have enough prime-time opportunities (Illinois, Temple, Tulsa) as well as two games that might garner additional national interest (Houston and UCF) that we will get enough coverage, so long as we stay undefeated.  

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Curious, how can you pick up CBS Sports Network if you don't have cable?  Thanks. 

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

If we start the season ranked, then we'll ideally get a good bit of attention simply by appearing in nearly every College Game Day or College Wrap Up show as they typically at least touch on the results of all ranked teams.  

And personally, think CBS Sports Network is still better than WatchESPN....although I'm one of those people that still has cable.  My Saturday is flipping through the channels until I find an interesting game.  Unless we're on WatchESPN, I'm pretty much never on there.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KB said:

Curious, how can you pick up CBS Sports Network if you don't have cable?  Thanks. 

I believe Sling TV, Hulu, and YouTube TV all offer it under one of their packages. I plan on waiting until USF's game and then signing up for one of them and immediately canceling the subscription following the game. Hopefully no more than 3 of our games appear on the network. I really just wish Sony and CBS would stop quibbling and offer their channels on the Playstation Vue package. Pound-for-pound that is the best option for cord-cutters. 

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I believe Sling TV, Hulu, and YouTube TV all offer it under one of their packages. I plan on waiting until USF's game and then signing up for one of them and immediately canceling the subscription following the game. Hopefully no more than 3 of our games appear on the network. I really just wish Sony and CBS would stop quibbling and offer their channels on the Playstation Vue package. Pound-for-pound that is the best option for cord-cutters. 

thanks Bully

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

22 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

If we start the season ranked, then we'll ideally get a good bit of attention simply by appearing in nearly every College Game Day or College Wrap Up show as they typically at least touch on the results of all ranked teams.  

And personally, think CBS Sports Network is still better than WatchESPN....although I'm one of those people that still has cable.  My Saturday is flipping through the channels until I find an interesting game.  Unless we're on WatchESPN, I'm pretty much never on there.  

I still have cable and have CBSSN on my package, however, since I have Spectrum I can't stream it because the app only streams certain providers; WHICH IS ********!

And if I want to stream it through the "Spectrum TV" app, I can only view CBSSN if I'm connected to my own wifi; WHICH IS ********!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I still have cable and have CBSSN on my package, however, since I have Spectrum I can't stream it because the app only streams certain providers; WHICH IS ********!

And if I want to stream it through the "Spectrum TV" app, I can only view CBSSN if I'm connected to my own wifi; WHICH IS ********!

CBSSN is an abomination on so many levels. It is almost as if they are trying to fail. They aren't even rated by Nielsen, so you can't even tell how many people are not watching their programming. They are the ninja of sports channels. 

• Upvote 1