• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting on fire!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Go undefeated and Charlie sticks around......4 and stars jump on board, not that i take much interest in stars....coaches obviously preached jump on now or lose your spot

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want to poo poo all over the good recruiting vibes, but I was hoping to see a couple big time recruits with the amount that committed. 

And I get that stars don't mean everything, but a couple 4 stars would have been nice.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

I'm encouraged by the difference in size/strength over previous years. I do hope we get a few high profile kids/highly ranked kids to pop.  

I am a believer in recruiting grades (not saying they are end all be all).  They are an imperfect science and I know 2/3 star kids can develop and become stars,  4/5 star kids have a higher probability to develop.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

30 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I don't want to poo poo all over the good recruiting vibes, but I was hoping to see a couple big time recruits with the amount that committed. 

And I get that stars don't mean everything, but a couple 4 stars would have been nice.

When all is said and done, some of our current commits might end up being ranked 4 stars before the early signing period ends and they might very well then decommit and sign elsewhere.

CCS knows how to evaluate talent and what his needs are for the team. He wouldn't have accepted a commit, unless he believed in their potential.  I'm sure that he intends to redshirt many of them and, by the time they do see the field, some will end up being the equivalent of a 4-star player. 

Sure, it would be nice to see some higher rated players, but the reality is that the ENTIRE AAC at the moment has only one 4-star commit.

Hopefully, USF lives up to the hype this season. That will certainly help in landing a few elite players, DESPITE playing in the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1. I want to follow all the new commits but I literally can't keep up with all of them #Stampede18 #GoBurrs 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

one of my rutgers pals  texted me last night about our recruits

he was impressed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

When all is said and done, some of our current commits might end up being ranked 4 stars before the early signing period ends and they might very well then decommit and sign elsewhere.

CCS knows how to evaluate talent and what his needs are for the team. He wouldn't have accepted a commit, unless he believed in their potential.  I'm sure that he intends to redshirt many of them and, by the time they do see the field, some will end up being the equivalent of a 4-star player. 

Sure, it would be nice to see some higher rated players, but the reality is that the ENTIRE AAC at the moment has only one 4-star commit.

Hopefully, USF lives up to the hype this season. That will certainly help in landing a few elite players, DESPITE playing in the AAC. 

Mama, unfortunately once someone commits to USF the recruiting services will not consider them a 4 star.   Sad but true.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

As expected, after the barrage of commits over the last 4 days USF now moves to 2nd place in the AAC standings for the 2018 class.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109

I agree with usfbull_08. Most of these guys have very few or no P5 offers. I understand that the coaches can find a few diamonds in the rough, but that seems like most of the class. I feel like we could've held out longer and gotten bigger recruits than some of these guys, especially if we meet expectations this season.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

13 minutes ago, Publix Substitution said:

I agree with usfbull_08. Most of these guys have very few or no P5 offers. I understand that the coaches can find a few diamonds in the rough, but that seems like most of the class. I feel like we could've held out longer and gotten bigger recruits than some of these guys, especially if we meet expectations this season.

We still have at least 7 to give, and not all will stick... and some will no doubt have great seasons and become more desirable recruits.  It's early...