• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gigi Fernandez Resigns

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

::goodbye::

I just dont see the big deal.... I think if your 3rd string kicker transfered to a divison 3 school that would matter more to USF athletics

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I just dont see the big deal.... I think if your 3rd string kicker transfered to a divison 3 school that would matter more to USF athletics

That's fine.  You are allowed to think it's not a big deal, but you haven't given us a valid reason why you think it's not a big loss for the tennis program other thanthat you, personally, don't care about tennis.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

there comes a point when you find yourself in a deep hole that you should consider to stop digging.

yA YOUR RIGHT OUR wOMENS tENNIS TEAM WONT WIN THE nATL cHAMPIONSHIP LIKE WE DID LAST YR WITH GIGI AS COACH....O WAIT......WE WERE NOT GONNA DO THAT ANYWAYS

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

capslock.jpg

yA YOUR RIGHT OUR wOMENS tENNIS TEAM WONT WIN THE nATL cHAMPIONSHIP LIKE WE DID LAST YR WITH GIGI AS COACH....O WAIT......WE WERE NOT GONNA DO THAT ANYWAYS

As if you care...   ::)

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

In her three seasons with USF, the Bulls went 27-34. This season's winning record was a first for the program since 2000, and the third-place finish at the Conference USA Champions was the highest since 2000.

"I look forward to helping my successor continue the successful path that I initiated," said Fernandez, who recently earned a psychology degree from USF. "And I will remain committed, in my new role as a voluntary assistant, to the growth of the tennis program and my alma mater."

She is so full of herself. Has anybody ever met this lady? She is so into herself. What the hell is a 27-34 record have to do with success.? As far as I'm concerned, there are a lot of other tennis coaches out there with ni big name that have done a better job.

If some of you guys say she's done a great job, we will fail in the BIG EAST.  What type of **** is this?

As far as I'm concerned, there are a lot of other tennis coaches out there with ni big name that have done a better job.

If some of you guys say she's done a great job, we will fail in the BIG EAST.  What type of **** is this?

OK, who do suggest we hire and why?  What do we have to offer over where they are now?

I agree with BullsComing....What a joke a sub .500 record and you guys are all fliping out bc she is leaving....however its okay to say CJL should be on the bubble is just crazy.....GiGi was a under average coach for a sport that is cared about just as much as who the next janitor will be in the Business bldg

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486

You guys just don't get it, do you?

1) She turned the team around... and had a winning record this year.

2) She is high profile in the tennis community.  To be sure, the tennis community is a lot smaller than the football community -- but that doesn't reduce the prestige of having one of the best women tennis players ever coaching at USF.

3) Other than football - and to a certain extent men's basketball - USF fans don't watch very much USF athletics contests... when was the last time you were at a USF golf match? or a USF track and field meet?  I mean, you are a "sports" fan, right -- or should your name be "fl_certansportsonly_fan83" ?