• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF the #2 seed in Gainesville Regional

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Looong road, and and even longer shot, but I like the way they put all three AAC teams in diagonal corners. Hope USF, UH, and UCF all survive and advance, would love to get some more revenge against the kannigits!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The UH bracket is tough...might be the toughest one out of all 16.  I like UCF's chances in that Tallahassee regional.  If you haven't seen that team play, they are not an easy out, with under the radar pitching.  We need to have Phoenix go deep against Bethune Cookman and score a bunch to allow our plus bully to be available for the Gators.  I like our chances with a strong Shane performance and Perez and Joe C available for 3 or 4 innings in Game 2. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We were there for the announcement.  A surprising number of people outside the players but many were staff and coaches (almost the entire basketball staff was there).  Got to talk with CBG for a while early on.  Really like the man.  I know CMK was hoping for the Southern Miss regional but I'm sure he'll be happy to go to Gainesville.  There was almost as loud a cheer when Bethune Cookman was announced as first opponent.  Surprised me a bit. 

That's as easy a first game as you can get as a #2 seed.  73 RPI and only 2 top 50 wins.  UCF gets Auburn with an RPI of 45 and 13 top 50 wins.  Quite a difference considering they are playing better than us and won the conference regular season.

3 minutes ago, jg233 said:

That's as easy a first game as you can get as a #2 seed.  73 RPI and only 2 top 50 wins.  UCF gets Auburn with an RPI of 45 and 13 top 50 wins.  Quite a difference considering they are playing better than us and won the conference regular season.

Totally agree with this.  That Auburn team swept UF if memory serves.  It was a long time ago, but they are very capable team.  That being said, I like UCF's chances in that bracket. 

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Totally agree with this.  That Auburn team swept UF if memory serves.  It was a long time ago, but they are very capable team.  That being said, I like UCF's chances in that bracket. 

FSU has been on fire, not sure I would wanna be there over Gainesville.  Pick your poison, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jg233 said:

FSU has been on fire, not sure I would wanna be there over Gainesville.  Pick your poison, that's for sure.

True, although I adhere to you're only as hot as the next day's starter as far as momentum goes.  UCF has some underrated arms.  It will be a tough bracket with FSU, Auburn, and UCF all capable of getting through.  Tennessee Tech might have the toughest chance to advance. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

GO BULLS!

Take out Bethune Cookman!

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I'm still very OK with this regional. Really didn't want to be paired in Tally as the Noles are on fire like something stupid. Gators are coming off getting thrashed by Arky and the bulls win against the gates showed some real offensive prowess. I understand it was against a seldomly used mid week starter who's normally a reliever, but still, it's mind over matter. The team knows they can win there now so there's no awe struck mental hurdle. Yes their starters are dynamite but still. 

Playing devil's advocate here. Do you pitch Phoenix for sure on Friday? Or do you feel very confident I hat matchup that you shake up the starters to get the steadiest hand against the gators? Granted as some have stated the starters haven't necessarily gone long into games regardless who is starting.