• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dennis Dodd has USF 12th in Post Spring Top 25 Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Those guys were able to blow out teams with their depth.  Leaving your starters in to do it is just bad form.

We don't have the luxury to worry about form. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Stewart Mandel has USF #22.

South Florida

South Florida

First-year coach Charlie Strong’s Bulls are this year’s Group of 5 darlings. USF is coming off an 11-2 season and brings back prolific dual-threat QB Quinton Flowers. Strong brought with him from Texas offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert, who runs a Baylor-style offense. WRs Deangelo Antoine and Marquez Valdes-Scantling should benefit. It may require a running back-by-committee to replace standout Marlon Mack.

Don Juan Moore Getty Images

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/top-25-rankings-post-spring-alabama-ohio-state-usc-mandel-050217

Too bad, that our originally scheduled 2017 game with Wisconsin was cancelled. He has them ranked #13. What could have been

Wisconsin

Wisconsin

The Badgers’ defense, now under the direction of former star safety Jim Leonhard, has the pieces to replicate last season’s Top 10 unit. Beyond established names like LB Jack Cichy and DE Conor Sheehy, Hawaii transfer CB Nick Nelson and LB Leon Jacobs had strong springs. QB Alex Hornibrook returns, as does big-play WR Jazz Peavy. RBs Bradrick Shaw and Chris James look to upgrade the rushing attack.

Andy Manis AP photo

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Stewart Mandel has USF #22.

South Florida

South Florida

First-year coach Charlie Strong’s Bulls are this year’s Group of 5 darlings. USF is coming off an 11-2 season and brings back prolific dual-threat QB Quinton Flowers. Strong brought with him from Texas offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert, who runs a Baylor-style offense. WRs Deangelo Antoine and Marquez Valdes-Scantling should benefit. It may require a running back-by-committee to replace standout Marlon Mack.

Don Juan Moore Getty Images

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/top-25-rankings-post-spring-alabama-ohio-state-usc-mandel-050217

Too bad, that our originally scheduled 2017 game with Wisconsin was cancelled. He has them ranked #13. What could have been

Wisconsin

Wisconsin

The Badgers’ defense, now under the direction of former star safety Jim Leonhard, has the pieces to replicate last season’s Top 10 unit. Beyond established names like LB Jack Cichy and DE Conor Sheehy, Hawaii transfer CB Nick Nelson and LB Leon Jacobs had strong springs. QB Alex Hornibrook returns, as does big-play WR Jazz Peavy. RBs Bradrick Shaw and Chris James look to upgrade the rushing attack.

Andy Manis AP photo

I make sure to let everyone I come across who asks about the schedule know that Wisco willingly pulled out of their return trip to Tampa this year. The whole "you need to schedule better" is difficult when other "have" programs decline or cancel. It's getting back to the point where USF needs to schedule one and done OOC road trips.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just now, Ionbull said:

I make sure to let everyone I come across who asks about the schedule know that Wisco willingly pulled out of their return trip to Tampa this year. The whole "you need to schedule better" is difficult when other "have" programs decline or cancel. It's getting back to the point where USF needs to schedule one and done OOC road trips.

We just need to schedule the HOME game BEFORE the AWAY game. That's how we are doing it with GT.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/3/2017 at 2:55 PM, Ionbull said:

Wasn't cancelled. Was just rescheduled to 2019. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, JB said:
On 5/3/2017 at 11:55 AM, Ionbull said:

Wasn't cancelled. Was just rescheduled to 2019. 

BrooklynBridgeForSale.jpg

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/3/2017 at 0:14 PM, Apis Bull said:

Those guys were able to blow out teams with their depth.  Leaving your starters in to do it is just bad form.

I get that but a couple points. I assume with QF as a dark horse Heisman candidate he's going to play the majority of the snaps to get his stats up and get more attention. Second, even without seeing the 2017 team play yet, most reports indicate WR is very deep. Also, the coaches have said there is not much drop off in production for QB2/3. Of course that's not live action but this might be the most depth we have ever had on Offense and enough to crush most teams on the schedule in 2017. Improved Defense might also be a  reason to take the pedal off the gas but unless we are winning by 21 with 5 min. left don't get cute and let up.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, Bull Daly said:

This has us nervous now 

Charlie Strong's been on National Championship winning teams that were ranked at #1, I'm sure he's able to handle one reporter putting us at #12.