• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Visit Tulsa in Road Finale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Reason given for Tulios benching?

15 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Looks like injury/cramping

My bad, got Santos and Desilva mixed up.

Revised answer: no idea. Announcers just said "coach's choice"

Down 10, under a minute left, and no timeouts.

With QF, I'd take those odds against Tulsa in  FB. Not so much in roundball.

C'mon Bulls, DO this!!!!!!

82-68 Final :(

UCF and Temple remaining, BOTH games to be played on ESPNU. What are the odds we get either?

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Reason given for Tulios benching?

Academic was what they said

1 minute ago, bcgruber said:

Academic was what they said

Interesting comment by the announcers, saying that Bartow was sending a message to Harlan that he was going to run a good, clean program. Teaching Tulio a lesson and making an example was more important to Bartow than beating Tulsa.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

I like that about CMB  still don't think it wins him the job.  But I do respect him.  We can do worse....and have

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Interesting comment by the announcers, saying that Bartow was sending a message to Harlan that he was going to run a good, clean program. Teaching Tulio a lesson and making an example was more important to Bartow than beating Tulsa.

Blah blah blah, that's all this MBB program is capable of: "teaching players lessons." How about this idea...recruit some players who know how to follow friggin team rules. This program is soooo  exhausting. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Blah blah blah, that's all this MBB program is capable of: "teaching players lessons." How about this idea...recruit some players who know how to follow friggin team rules. This program is soooo  exhausting. 

As an educator, you might appreciate this, although it properly belongs in the cow.

Went to Senior Night basketball game out here, and a young man sat down in the benchseat directly ahead of me, spread himself all out, arms and legs all over the place, as if he owned the place. Talked rude to some of his 'boys across the aisle, all of which were basketball players (not for us, most likely HS friends of some of our players, but I don't know that for certain). Very bad and antisocial attitude, really started to tick me off. Not my place to reprimand him, though, being on the job all of three weeks and surrounded by my own students, so I HAD to be diplomatic.

So we all stand for the anthem, and he remains in his seat. I tapped him on the shoulder to stand, and he did not even acknowledge the tap, and remained seated. Was tempted to slap the crap out of him, but held back. He was proving a point, but the only thing he proved was that he's an idiot. (And yes, I would defend to the death his right to be an idiot)

This is exactly the kind of player I don't want USF to recruit. I'd rather have respectful young men that know how to be part of a team and that can learn to flourish within the AMERICAN culture. I don't want us to have a win-at-any-cost mentality, or to recruit antisocial troublemakers.

As an example, I can only provide Charlie Bradley - the only USF player I had classes with (that I know of). Awesome young man off the court, equally awesome on the court. I suspect most of you could name many more past and present awesome Bulls as well.

If the kids can't act right off the court, they need to get right or get gone.

/rant

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, charsibb said:

As an educator, you might appreciate this, although it properly belongs in the cow.

Went to Senior Night basketball game out here, and a young man sat down in the benchseat directly ahead of me, spread himself all out, arms and legs all over the place, as if he owned the place. Talked rude to some of his 'boys across the aisle, all of which were basketball players (not for us, most likely HS friends of some of our players, but I don't know that for certain). Very bad and antisocial attitude, really started to tick me off. Not my place to reprimand him, though, being on the job all of three weeks and surrounded by my own students, so I HAD to be diplomatic.

So we all stand for the anthem, and he remains in his seat. I tapped him on the shoulder to stand, and he did not even acknowledge the tap, and remained seated. Was tempted to slap the crap out of him, but held back. He was proving a point, but the only thing he proved was that he's an idiot. (And yes, I would defend to the death his right to be an idiot)

This is exactly the kind of player I don't want USF to recruit. I'd rather have respectful young men that know how to be part of a team and that can learn to flourish within the AMERICAN culture. I don't want us to have a win-at-any-cost mentality, or to recruit antisocial troublemakers.

As an example, I can only provide Charlie Bradley - the only USF player I had classes with (that I know of). Awesome young man off the court, equally awesome on the court. I suspect most of you could name many more past and present awesome Bulls as well.

If the kids can't act right off the court, they need to get right or get gone.

/rant

That is a very good story Chars, your example of Charlie B is spot on and should be the prototype of character we are looking for. There have been other outstanding men through the years of course. It does seem that the past few years we have ad our share of "problem childs" though. 

17 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

You would defend to the death his rights, but you tapped him on the shoulder to stand.   Pardon me, while I ROTF and LMAO.

Again, this more rightly belongs in the cow, but a lot of men died to provide that young man with the freedom to be an idiot (and you to be a curmudgeon!)

Disrespecting the flag is disrespecting them.

Disrespecting me, on the other hand, is the only right and good thing to do! :D