• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Owls Live on WatchESPN

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I agree that Bartow may have been brought in if Harlan felt that he might have to fire Antigua, but he would only serve as a bridge to a new coach.

Any experience he has with a team that went (potentially) 0-17 would and should absolutely exclude him from consideration. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Agreed.

No. I agree.  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

If you're able to actually see into these kids' minds, I'm all ears .... One simple thing that I'm partly basing my optimism on CMB/players on is during the Temple game, I think about the 11 minute mark, after an Owl made basket to go up by 23 or 24, the inbound ball was rolled in to Bibby who didn't pick it up until he had to on our half of the court to, I assume, preserve every second possible to stage a comeback. Don't know whose call that was and maybe it's a pretty common occurrence for teams down by that much with still over half the half to go, but I don't recall seeing it before and was impressed by the not giving up aspect of it.

No kid I've ever seen play college basketball would want to give up. Our guys surely don't WANT to give up especially in light of the hand they've been dealt. It's one thing to milk a few extra seconds out of the clock in hopes of a surge, but it's another thing to have the confidence to drive, hit shots & make a strong run on a team that's handing you your butt. And I'm all for being wrong about Bartow, but I don't think we have such a dearth of talent that we should lose to UCF by 22, Cincy by 41, or UConn by 21/46--so is it just a thin roster? Bad luck? They're giving ECU a great game tonight, so let's see how this goes...