• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAMU game ticks selling like hotcakes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Exactly, I'd love to see more people show up for the UCF game than for the FAMU game, since we know that the FAMU game will have incredible attendance.  Let more UCFers come, it helps to pay for our facility upgrades!

However, I doubt that UCF outdraws FAMU...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

FAMU WILL SHOW UP AND THIS WILL BE A "ROAD GAME" FOR USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

LOL USFBULL83

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

In answer to your question about the FAMU band being here, the answer from my FAMU source is MOST DEFINITELY. This person WAS in the band back in the day and is a heavy contributor to FAMU. SO... look for a BIG attendance.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

In answer to your question about the FAMU band being here, the answer from my FAMU source is MOST DEFINITELY. This person WAS in the band back in the day and is a heavy contributor to FAMU. SO... look for a BIG attendance.

If this is the fact, surely we should be advertising it and pushing it in order to sell more tickets?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

This will be our best year for attendance.  Ranked by game:

UCF

FAMU

WVU

Louisville

Cinci

Not < 30K for any game.  If we are doing well in Big East, I'd push the "not less than any" to 33k.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Newspaper previously reported $85,000 of our contract with them was for the travel of their band.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Newspaper previously reported $85,000 of our contract with them was for the travel of their band.

Do you recall how much the total payout is to FAMU?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67

83, as I said, FAMU plays in three show games a year.

FIU - Orange Bowl Classic

BCC - Florida Classic

TSU - Atlanta Football classic

Those are not regular games, that is like saying the Cocktail party in Jax is a regular game for both UF and UGA.

In regular season away games, they don't travel to well.  You ask how much of a presence they have in Louisiana?  Its 386 miles from Tallahassee to New Orleans, its 277 miles from Tallahassee to Tampa, a whole whopping 100 mile difference.  You just don't get it.  Most of the fans that attend FAMU games are not alumni or students.  Can you tell me why the Florida Classic sells out of its 66,000 season tickets between BCC and FAMU, when together they don't average 22,000 between both of them together.  Can you also explain to me why there may be 66,000 fans inside the Citrus Bowl, but there are tens of thousands more outside the Citrus Bowl.  Its easy really, those games are events, almost bowl games for them.  The increase you speak at FIU was because FIU played that game in the Orange Bowl, FIU normally plays in an on campus stadium that they share with their track team.  The stadium seats 7,000.  

Look, I am not bashing FAMU, but if you think they are going to bring 5,000 fans, you are probably reaching.  Now will USF sell more than 5,000 of their tickets, of course they will.  That is good news for USF, because you don't want to be a visitor in your own stadium.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

There is a difference between "show" games and any-other-Saturday games, which is the case with a number of HBC games.

The BCC/FAMU game garners its' volume based on it being an event (marketing), whereas the FAMU/USF game will just-another-Saturday. Given the FAMU following in the Bay Area, I can see where this would give us a bump in attendance.

As for the larger crowd between UCF & FAMU...I really think it's going to be about a draw. The reason I say that, is FAMU won't be an "event" , and this UCF x USF thing...when I talk to the guys at work from UCF, it's not that big of a deal. This UCF x USF thing gets a lot of time on the board, but outside of here...not much.

Face it...the big story this fall is the Big East, not the latest OOC game.