• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So bummed about the game tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, fhemmer209 said:

I talked to a Cox rep on the phone who told me that the "set DVR from home" service wasn't available. Not trusting him I just downloaded the Cox Connection app on my phone and it appears to have allowed me to set the recording. I hope that works. Problem watching on the plane is I am flying through Atlanta and will lose ability to see it on my phone most of the game.

Fingers are crossed.

Hold on a second, Pensacola has cable and DVRs?!?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Hold on a second, Pensacola has cable and DVRs?!?

Haha! Yes, I had some trepidation about having to move away from the Tampa Bay area but Pensacola is OK. And it is only a temporary stop as I will get back "home." The best part about living there is getting to watch the Blue Angels frequently. 

Just now, fhemmer209 said:

Haha! Yes, I had some trepidation about having to move away from the Tampa Bay area but Pensacola is OK. And it is only a temporary stop as I will get back "home." The best part about living there is getting to watch the Blue Angels frequently. 

I'm kidding. I lived there from 1996-2000. Loved seeing them when we were out at the beach. Do they still have open practices you can go to and sit in the bleachers by the runway at NAS?

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I'm kidding. I lived there from 1996-2000. Loved seeing them when we were out at the beach. Do they still have open practices you can go to and sit in the bleachers by the runway at NAS?

Yes. I go on base sometimes but most of the time I watch from the neighborhood right across the water. Most Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the season. If you haven't been back since 2000 you should check out Palafox downtown. It was a very happening place.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If you can hold out until Friday morning, ESPNU is replaying the game from 4-7am. Record it the night before and watch it in the morning with eggs, bacon and some coffee.

• Upvote 1

Yes. I go on base sometimes but most of the time I watch from the neighborhood right across the water. Most Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the season. If you haven't been back since 2000 you should check out Palafox downtown. It was a very happening place.

Seville Quarter was the place downtown back in the day. 

Just now, CPR said:

If you can hold out until Friday morning, ESPNU is replaying the game from 4-7am. Record it the night before and watch it in the morning with eggs, bacon and some coffee.

Thank you. That will be my backup if the remote DVR setting didn't work.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Seville Quarter was the place downtown back in the day. 

Still is but now the party now goes from Garden down to the water. The new ballpark on the water is beautiful and this season held UWF's first season of football games.

Still is but now the party now goes from Garden down to the water. The new ballpark on the water is beautiful and this season held UWF's first season of football games.

I debated going up for the opener, but I didn't feel like buying season tickets and a donation only to go to one game this year. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, fhemmer209 said:

I see the Blues from my office during practice.  

I moved "back home" to Pensacola after graduating in 2008.  Was not thrilled at the time, but wow, has it changed.

Global Grill is awesome on Palafox, lots of other gear places to eat, decent night lif too.

• Upvote 1