• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Texastrong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Texas Strong, what are your thoughts about the three game series between USF and Texas starting in 2020.

USF Future Schedules:

2020 Schedule
Sept. 5 at Texas Austin, Texas

Sept. 12 SAN JOSE STATE TAMPA
Sept. 19 NEVADA TAMPA
Sept. 26 at FAU Boca Raton, Fla.

2022 Schedule
Sept. 3 TEXAS TAMPA

Sept. 23 at BYU Provo, Utah

2024 Schedule
Aug. 31WESTERN KENTUCKY TAMPA
Sept. 7 at Texas Austin, Texas

I suspect that USF fans were very excited to be playing Texas, even BEFORE we hired Charlie Strong.

Now, those games will carry even more significance for both teams, assuming CCS stays here long enough to play them all. 

Will Texas get to open our new OCS?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Texas Strong, what are your thoughts about the three game series between USF and Texas starting in 2020.

USF Future Schedules:

2020 Schedule
Sept. 5 at Texas Austin, Texas

Sept. 12 SAN JOSE STATE TAMPA
Sept. 19 NEVADA TAMPA
Sept. 26 at FAU Boca Raton, Fla.

2022 Schedule
Sept. 3 TEXAS TAMPA

Sept. 23 at BYU Provo, Utah

2024 Schedule
Aug. 31WESTERN KENTUCKY TAMPA
Sept. 7 at Texas Austin, Texas

I suspect that USF fans were very excited to be playing Texas, even BEFORE we hired Charlie Strong.

Now, those games will carry even more significance for both teams, assuming CCS stays here long enough to play them all. 

Lots of talk on the Boards about this series, it could be a vindication tour for either team, depending on the outcome.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

9 minutes ago, Texastrong said:

Lots of talk on the Boards about this series, it could be a vindication tour for either team, depending on the outcome.

When we were in the Big East we had some great games with WVU. We won our share against them.

What do you think of their play, since joining the B12? I know that they are ranked this year.

We had hoped that USF would have been selected this year as one of the schools added in expansion, but your conference decided to stand pat.

Some of the football pundits are already suggesting that if USF proves itself, over the next few years, similar to what UL did under CCS, then we would become a more "valuable" expansion candidate for a P5 conference.

The ACC won't add USF, because FSU and Miami don't want more competition from Florida schools. The same is true with the SEC because of UF.

So, it looks like if we were ever going to return to a major conference, the B12 might be our only viable option.

Hopefully, the B12 reconsiders expansion in the coming years and we will then be in amore favorable position for gaining membership.

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

When we were in the Big East we had some great games with WVU. We won our share against them.

What do you think of their play, since joining the B12? I know that they are ranked this year.

We had hoped that USF would have been selected this year as one of the schools added in expansion, but your conference decided to stand pat.

Some of the football pundits are already suggesting that if USF proves itself, over the next few years, similar to what UL did under CCS, then we would become a more "valuable" expansion candidate for a P5 conference.

The ACC won't add USF, because FSU and Miami don't want more competition from Florida schools. The same is true with the SEC because of UF.

So, it looks like if we were ever going to return to a major conference, the B12 might be our only viable option.

Hopefully, the B12 reconsiders expansion in the coming years and we will then be in amore favorable position for gaining membership.

Adding USF would open up a lot of fertile recruiting grounds to Texas schools. However, I don't see the conference expanding until Texas and OU decide what they are going to do. I seriously doubt either team will be in the Big 12 after their obligation is up in 6 years.

As far as WV, they have been a competitive program in football, but, not sure how much revenue they are adding to the conference. To me, a school like USF or Cincinnati would add a lot more TV sets to the conference.

UH really never had much of a chance IMO to be included this time around, they bring very little as far as revenues and they have a hard time selling 30,000 tickets on Saturday even with the program doing pretty good.

I think if USF keep winning, they will have some good opportunities in the next 5-10 years.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

1 hour ago, Texastrong said:

Hey guys thanks for the welcome. Long time Texas fan here, just checking in to see what is going on with Coach Strong at USF.

This looks like a really good fit. If anyone has any questions about Charlie feel free to ask.

Do you know if CCS consumes a steak and glass of milk everyday?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

1 hour ago, MMW said:

Sorry Texastrong, I was going for a cheap laugh from the regulars.

We had a lengthy off topic discussion about the benefits of Austin on our Charlie Strong thread.

I chuckled 

Not sure, but, I know he eats thumb tacks for breakfast right before running 6 miles in the snow.

***This was in response to the question if he ate steak and milk every day.

Edited by Texastrong

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Texastrong said:

Not sure, but, I know he eats thumb tacks for breakfast right before running 6 miles in the snow.

I'm okay with this guy.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

23 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

I'm okay with this guy.

I as well, am ok with this guy.  

:icon_drink:

GO BULLS!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, Texastrong said:

You'll fit right in here, welcome to the board! :D

And don't let Mamabull fool you, not all of us were B12 supporters. Some of us were (and are) adamantly opposed to USF going to the B12. It's not a good fit for us, and it would ONLY be for football money.

That said, what do you think are the odds TX and OK will stay in the B12 after the current TV contract expires, and what happens to the conference if they leave?