• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats CWT and Good Luck

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Rich Rodriguez from Arizona would be a great coach here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Joking or not, he has too big a buyout. We couldn't afford it. It's a one way door. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'm in the minority here but this love fest for Willie doesn't extend to me. But I was also in the minority when my family and I continued to offer him support whenever we saw him when his head was on the block. We did this not just because he was our coach but because he was from the area and the whole #baymade thing was awesome. And I realize that I am in the minority as I feel that going from making ones of millions of dollar to 10 of millions of dollars shouldn't trump loyalty. Plus he left us b4 the bowl game, which I understand is SOP, doesn't mean i have to like it. So forgive me when I say I will never root for that guy again (not that he cares), his ability to turn his back without a thought in the world is reprehensible. Bring back Jim Leavitt, he was USFs only true coach.

You're in the minority on this thread because it wasn't set up as another CWT bitchfest but I'm not sure you're in the minority overall, on this board anyway ..... and how exactly do you know that he turned his back without a thought? ... You people need to come to grips with the fact that CJL is never coming back, we're probably never getting someone as passionate about the program and USF football is bigger than CJL and CWT ..... hopefully.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I plan to continue the CWT bitchfest until the new Coach is named, then I will rename the bitchfest in the new Coach's honor.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

25 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I plan to continue the CWT bitchfest until the new Coach is named, then I will rename the bitchfest in the new Coach's honor.

Through all the change you are the beacon of reliability ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry to see him go.  I think Oregon has made a huge mistake.  Don't blame him for going for the big pay day  Wish him luck.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Oregon offers way more than just money........Anyone who thinks it's just about the money is being willfully ignorant.....

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Very true.  The chance to play for NCs and attendance are 2 big reasons he left.

I didn't mean it was just about the money, I know what Oregon offers. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

2 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I wonder how we'll feel about Willie if we get Skip Holtz v2.0 as the replacement

That's what terrifies me. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151

2 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'm in the minority here but this love fest for Willie doesn't extend to me. But I was also in the minority when my family and I continued to offer him support whenever we saw him when his head was on the block. We did this not just because he was our coach but because he was from the area and the whole #baymade thing was awesome. And I realize that I am in the minority as I feel that going from making ones of millions of dollar to 10 of millions of dollars shouldn't trump loyalty. Plus he left us b4 the bowl game, which I understand is SOP, doesn't mean i have to like it. So forgive me when I say I will never root for that guy again (not that he cares), his ability to turn his back without a thought in the world is reprehensible. Bring back Jim Leavitt, he was USFs only true coach.

I agree whole heartedly. In the number of times I saw him in person at different functions, he never convinced me he was 100% in with and for USF. He said what was expected but his attitude was not the exuberance that Leavitt's had.  You all can hate me if you want, but this is how I feel. I read the board a lot but very seldom post, and with this new like and dislike crap, I'll probably post less.   I make no apologies for what I believe. 

Sorry we don't agree on this one BDYZR. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You're in the minority on this thread because it wasn't set up as another CWT bitchfest but I'm not sure you're in the minority overall, on this board anyway ..... and how exactly do you know that he turned his back without a thought? ... You people need to come to grips with the fact that CJL is never coming back, we're probably never getting someone as passionate about the program and USF football is bigger than CJL and CWT ..... hopefully.

You got to be kidding!  The players and coaching staff found out CWT was leaving by hearing it on the news this AM. That should tell you that he was thinking of nobody but himself and never gave it a second thought.  He apparently was forced to call a meeting at 1:30 PM to talk with the team and staff. That was a "no class move" Willie.  Bye Bye. 

• Upvote 2