• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the Mack Attack be back??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

RBs should always go early. His stock most likely wouldn't improve much anyway and he gets a year head start for that next contract if he turns out to be a success

Guest PCBull14
8 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

RBs should always go early. His stock most likely wouldn't improve much anyway and he gets a year head start for that next contract if he turns out to be a success

Don't agree with this at all. Every case is different, no blanket structure should exist for every position.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Don't agree with this at all. Every case is different, no blanket structure should exist for every position.

they physically take more of a beating and their careers are usually shorter than WRs and QBs.

You rarely see NFL talent RBs play 4 seasons in College anymore.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, PCBull14 said:

1 hour ago, ambienknights said:

they physically take more of a beating and their careers are usually shorter than WRs and QBs.

You rarely see NFL talent RBs play 4 seasons in College anymore.

I agree with both of you.  RBs should go early, but not every position should be able to.  RBs are different though.  I believe RBs should have the option to go early - after 1 year of college eligibility, for the very reason sleepyknight stated.  

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
52 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I agree with both of you.  RBs should go early, but not every position should be able to.  RBs are different though.  I believe RBs should have the option to go early - after 1 year of college eligibility, for the very reason sleepyknight stated.  

These boys don't have the body make up to go to NFL after one season.

Basketball players entering after a season take little while to get going. We all follow sports enough to know the hard court is less physical.  I just think the result will be a ton of NFL duds at the RB position, something that is already an issue in the NFL. 

I would be worried about safety issues in this situation. I see your points, just not sure it work out to well.

8 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

These boys don't have the body make up to go to NFL after one season.

Basketball players entering after a season take little while to get going. We all follow sports enough to know the hard court is less physical.  I just think the result will be a ton of NFL duds at the RB position, something that is already an issue in the NFL. 

I would be worried about safety issues in this situation. I see your points, just not sure it work out to well.

You have a good point, but a RB has elevated safety issues the second they walk onto any football field at any level.  One year of strength and conditioning in a college setting + an NFL offseason prior to rookie year, imo, would be adequate for a RB to start in the NFL.  

And really, I'm talking about Ezekiel Elliott types - not necessarily all of them. NFL teams would probably would be extremely picky about which RBs they'd be ok with coming out early.  

Also, if a 19-20 year old NFL running back has an injury that sidelines them for a while, they'll be better suited to return 100% from injury at 21-22 as opposed to a 25-26 year old (current prime year for NFL RBs).  

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

You have a good point, but a RB has elevated safety issues the second they walk onto any football field at any level.  One year of strength and conditioning in a college setting + an NFL offseason prior to rookie year, imo, would be adequate for a RB to start in the NFL.  

And really, I'm talking about Ezekiel Elliott types - not necessarily all of them. NFL teams would probably would be extremely picky about which RBs they'd be ok with coming out early.  

Ah Gotcha makes more sense now. I thought you meant you could see any joe average running back seeing it as a good idea to leave after a season.

3 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Ah Gotcha makes more sense now. I thought you meant you could see any joe average running back seeing it as a good idea to leave after a season.

Oh no ... didn't mean to communicate that at all.  Just like back in the day, you used to get only 1-2 players a year coming out of HS going straight to the NBA, I'm thinking the same or less for freshman running backs.  I'm just all about the restriction being lifted for that position group.  

Edited by GaUSFBull
clarification

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Leonard Fournette has officially declared for the 2017 draft, as expected.