• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Injured Memphis Player

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Anyone heard the status of the kid they carted off on the opening kickoff?

That was scary. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

The announcers said that the reports from the hospital is that he will be ok. Said he was staying the night there for more observations but that he had full control of his arms & legs. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Did anyone hear fans or coaches yelling at USF that it was a cheap shot? There must've been an open mic somewhere because you could hear these types of comments during the TV broadcast. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yesterday someone posted a twitter video of the hit, but I can't seem to find it today. I'd like to see it again, so if anybody finds it, please post the link in this thread. Thanks

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Yesterday someone posted a twitter video of the hit, but I can't seem to find it today. I'd like to see it again, so if anybody finds it, please post the link in this thread. Thanks

That was me, I got it from reddit. Here ya go:  http://www.mobypicture.com/user/JasonSmith929/view/19496616

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, Sipher said:

That was me, I got it from reddit. Here ya go:  http://www.mobypicture.com/user/JasonSmith929/view/19496616

I can't tell who hit him, but the Memphis player was running right into the block, so it's not like it's a blind side hit.  Not sure if the USF player knew it was a touch back, but you play till the whistle.  My guess was Cherry, without even watching, as he's such a hitter.  The Memphis guy fan full speed into him and the USF didn't budge.  Must've gotten him high (not saying illegal), as it's hard to take on a full speed runner while stopped without moving.

Hope he's ok...and yes, I heard some dude yelling that it was a cheap hit, but they showed no replay.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I can't tell who hit him, but the Memphis player was running right into the block, so it's not like it's a blind side hit.  Not sure if the USF player knew it was a touch back, but you play till the whistle.  My guess was Cherry, without even watching, as he's such a hitter.  The Memphis guy fan full speed into him and the USF didn't budge.  Must've gotten him high (not saying illegal), as it's hard to take on a full speed runner while stopped without moving.

Hope he's ok...and yes, I heard some dude yelling that it was a cheap hit, but they showed no replay.

Recorded it and rewinded and it was the Memphis player running full speed even though the touch back was called. Didn't seem to be a blindside block 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Agreed, it certainly was not a cheap shot.