• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer and OC hire updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Just trying to read UTs mind but I would think they might want him to go to USF or even UCF.  He would help both programs and draw some other good players to those programs.  Anything that might hurt UF they would love it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

these poor kids

they are treated worse than dead meaT

HOPE BS DOESN'T COME TO USF

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I hope you get disappointed ;D

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Living in Knoxville, I got the opportunity to see Brent Schaffer play several times.  He is loaded with potential.  The quarterback duel was heated last year.  After the first Auburn game, I was convinced Ainge was the future quarterback, but Schaffer more than redeemed himself against South Carolina.  He audibled and threw a 55 yard touchdown pass, on the run, off of one foot against South Carolina to get Tennessee back in the game, a game they probably would have lost if not for Schaffer.  If Schaffer had an attitude up here, there was probably some justification for it.  It could be argued that Erik Ainge received preferential treatment.  Schaffer did the right thing to leave Tennessee.

USF needs to roll out the red carpet for the guy.  He has the wheels to scramble out of trouble and the NFL arm. If we land him, he'll make us an instant contender for the Big East crown in 2006.  He is that good.   ;)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

Living in Knoxville, I got the opportunity to see Brent Schaffer play several times.  He is loaded with potential.  The quarterback duel was heated last year.  After the first Auburn game, I was convinced Ainge was the future quarterback, but Schaffer more than redeemed himself against South Carolina.  He audibled and threw a 55 yard touchdown pass, on the run, off of one foot against South Carolina to get Tennessee back in the game, a game they probably would have lost if not for Schaffer.  If Schaffer had an attitude up here, there was probably some justification for it.  It could be argued that Erik Ainge received preferential treatment.  Schaffer did the right thing to leave Tennessee.

USF needs to roll out the red carpet for the guy.  He has the wheels to scramble out of trouble and the NFL arm. If we land him, he'll make us an instant contender for the Big East crown in 2006.  He is that good.   ;)

agreed, the job isn't his until he earns it and matt grothe, carlton hill, and denson are all talented and will have more experience in the system, however you do whatever it takes to bring him in and you let the best qb win the job. being closer to home and not isolated in knoxville, would be in his best interest as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

agreed..... I dont know what some of you guys have against the guy he has said nothing but good things about USF. Lets look at this logically A big Time Football recruit has a chance to start at a great SEC school and play in front of 70-90K week in and week out or he can come to USF prob start and play in front of 20K on a team with no history and a team that dosent load the NFL with players. I think If I were in Brent's shoes I would have gone to Tenn also, I mean I was upset that we didnt get him but he did what he thought was best for himself.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I am just hoping to hear something soon either way.  This suspence is killing me.  

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I think his court date comes up in a couple of weeks. I really don't expect to hear much about his intentions until that matter is resolved.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

Well I still think it sends the wrong message to the incomming Fresh. A kid goes somewhere else and screws up ( or what ever happend) pisses off the coach, then comes running back. It gives these players that dont choose USF first a way out! JL will do the right thing, I hope!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

The bottomline is that those with the most talent and able to make the team better will get to play. We have a lot of incomming talented players but we all know that unfourtunately they all dont pan out, some  will have injuries, others will fail academically, or decide to transfer for many reasons and others find out that the college game is much faster than what they were used to. Because of that coaches have to get as much talent in every position as they can.

JL is NOT guaranteeing a starting job to any transfer nor freshman, so i have no problem with getting talented players that transfer in IF they are willing to work hard, stay out of trouble and not come in thinking the job is theirs.

Our program is growing but is not to the level of a UF or FSU were EVERY single year they bring in studs at every position and that highly touted freshman from the year before gets his spot taken by the new incoming guy.

Im glad and wish the best to ALL the players that chose the Bulls straight out of High school, BUT i also want the BEST team available out there.

Good luck to all.