• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer and OC hire updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

i say ftu/ou/oc

Lets hope not, we need to pour it on UCF this September 17th, strangle that baby in the craddle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Lets hope not, we need to pour it on UCF this September 17th, strangle that baby in the craddle

He wouldn't play this year no matter what ...........

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

He wouldn't play this year no matter what ...........

but he would play next year and two more.

why he would go to ucf or even consider ucf is the question.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

but he would play next year and two more.

why he would go to ucf or even consider ucf is the question.

1) Guaranteed starter.

2) Close to home.

3) Big fish in small pond.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

i still think he ends up at usf, we run the spread, the same type of offense he ran in high school and one pretty much tailor made to his strengths. miami may have a shaky qb situation but the two they've got were ranked far higher than schaeffer coming out of college and you know they'll reload again this year.

judging from his coach's comments, we're the front runners until proven otherwise. i'd love to have him he has superstar talent, but if things don't work out i'll still be happy with the qb's we have on our roster.

How come no one has really given denson much of a chance? he ran the spread in hs and was a super prep all american. the coaches are on record saying that he was their number 1 qb target coming out of high school. people seem to forget he was supposed to be the next michael vick at vatech until marcus signed. leavitt was raving about his maturity and work ethic, what's the problem? the only knocks so far was his arm strength and height (sounds similar to blackwell and joe hamilton), what has he done that's making him an afterthought in many people's minds?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

i still think he ends up at usf, we run the spread, the same type of offense he ran in high school and one pretty much tailor made to his strengths. miami may have a shaky qb situation but the two they've got were ranked far higher than schaeffer coming out of college and you know they'll reload again this year.

judging from his coach's comments, we're the front runners until proven otherwise. i'd love to have him he has superstar talent, but if things don't work out i'll still be happy with the qb's we have on our roster.

How come no one has really given denson much of a chance? he ran the spread in hs and was a super prep all american. the coaches are on record saying that he was their number 1 qb target coming out of high school. people seem to forget he was supposed to be the next michael vick at vatech until marcus signed. leavitt was raving about his maturity and work ethic, what's the problem? the only knocks so far was his arm strength and height (sounds similar to blackwell and joe hamilton), what has he done that's making him an afterthought in many people's minds?

He didn't even compete for the job at Auburn so he still has alot to prove, could be just another athlete and not have the head for theI-A QB game.

Also everyone celebratewith me as this is my 1300 post.  I am gaining on you Smazza, resistance is futile!  I'd like to thank Bulliever, Brandon, USFDave and Smazza for making this possible.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

In the time it took you to write your 1300th post out, smazza posted 38 times.  You are going to have to pick it up LOB.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

From the Commercial Appeal:

Schaeffer situation murky

Aide says Tigers haven't received ex-Vol's release

By Phil Stukenborg

Contact

May 14, 2005

The mother of former University of Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer said Friday her son has returned home to Deerfield Beach, Fla., but hasn't mentioned the University of Memphis as a possible move.

Schaeffer has been granted his release from Tennessee, where last fall he became the first true freshman to start the opening game at quarterback in the Southeastern Conference since 1945. He was granted his release last month, but Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer said Schaeffer could not transfer to any program in the SEC or a school the Vols play during his remaining eligibility.

Schaeffer must sit out the 2005 season, but would have three years of eligibility left beginning in 2006.

With Memphis on the Vols' 2005 and 2006 schedule, Chandra Schaeffer said Friday it was her understanding that Memphis would not be an option for her son. Asked if her son had inquired about Tennessee waiving the stipulation about transferring to a school on the UT schedule, she said: "Not that I know of."

She declined a request to bring her son to the phone.

UofM associate athletic director Lynn Parkes, who oversees compliance issues, said Friday compliance had not received a release from Schaeffer. She said compliance is one of three departments that would receive such a document, along with the football office and the athletic director.

Schaeffer is reportedly considering six schools, among them Clemson, Texas A&M, Miami (Ohio) and South Florida.

As a freshman, Schaeffer completed 18-of-37 passes for 302 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 66 yards. His regular season ended Oct. 30 against South Carolina when he broke his collarbone.

Schaeffer had been placed on indefinite suspension in mid-April after being charged with misdemeanor assault stemming from a fight at the UT dormitory. Fulmer announced April 22 that he and Schaeffer had reached "a mutual agreement" regarding Schaeffer's dismissal from the team.

Schaeffer also had been reprimanded before the team traveled to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game last fall. He missed a meeting and broke curfew after a fight at a Knoxville nightclub involving several football players during championship-game week.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

the schaeffer sweepstakes is starting to turn into a circus, it seems like his list of interested teams changes every week and there seems to be a lot of misinformation running around. i still say he comes here, although our qb position is starting to look a bit crowded. he may want to declare as early as possible just so he can get the media to quit hounding him and his family.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Is there a deadline for a decision to be made?