• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

11/19 Geaux Tulane beat Temple

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

USF vs Florida in Birmingham 

I saw SBN float USF v Ole Miss last week and now USF v Georgia this week. I don't care if they are the ninth SEC team. I want to play them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Ionbull said:

I saw SBN float USF v Ole Miss last week and now USF v Georgia this week. I don't care if they are the ninth SEC team. I want to play them. 

Would love a USF vs Georgia. At the same time I wonder if Miami could be in St Pete? 

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok that is a good point but I am counting 10 teams that have a decent chance at being bowl eligible from the sec. 

Perhaps... but the SEC might actually get 2 teams into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, JimUSFSig said:

Perhaps... but the SEC might actually get 2 teams into the playoffs.

Don't think so. A&M is done and the next sec team in line is auburn all the way at 8 (with two loses). The only way they "might" have a chance is if they beat Bama which still will probably not be enough.Very unlikely sec gets two in the playoffs. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Don't think so. A&M is done and the next sec team in line is auburn all the way at 8 (with two loses). The only way they "might" have a chance is if they beat Bama which still will probably not be enough.Very unlikely sec gets two in the playoffs. 

Oh, I don't know about "very" unlikely ... Auburn will be moving up with the loss by A&M... then Auburn winning the Iron Bowl and the SEC Championship could get them into Top 4, but may not drop Alabama out of the Top 4... Michigan/Ohio State winner has to play Wisconsin/Minnesota in the B1G Championship ... Could Clemson lose to Va Tech in the ACC Championship game? Could Washington lose to Colorado in the Pac 12?  A lot of football left to play.

But even if the SEC  doesn't get two teams into the Top 4... the Birmingham and Independence bowls are both in the same tier.  If the SEC only has 10, it's possible they want the Independence Bowl against Big12... especially if #10 is in the SEC West.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Oh, I don't know about "very" unlikely ... Auburn will be moving up with the loss by A&M... then Auburn winning the Iron Bowl and the SEC Championship could get them into Top 4, but may not drop Alabama out of the Top 4... Michigan/Ohio State winner has to play Wisconsin/Minnesota in the B1G Championship ... Could Clemson lose to Va Tech in the ACC Championship game? Could Washington lose to Colorado in the Pac 12?  A lot of football left to play.

But even if the SEC  doesn't get two teams into the Top 4... the Birmingham and Independence bowls are both in the same tier.  If the SEC only has 10, it's possible they want the Independence Bowl against Big12... especially if #10 is in the SEC West.

You are correct a lot left to play but watching auburn this year I will be shocked if they beat bama and get in. This is a fair auburn team at best. The second general is low this year. Best bet would be Clemson losing (don't see Washington losing). You make a good final point but looking st Big 12 they will have 7 teams eligible and 8 available bowls so you could be right there. 

I got that wrong.... Independence is an ACC tie in.

And looking at the ACC... they have 6 eligible teams now, and 3 more that should get there... Military, St. Pete, Independence, and "Quick Lane" are bowls 6-10 for the ACC... one of them might be empty... two if Louisville sneaks into the CFP with Clemson.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/5/2016 at 11:22 PM, WoolyBully said:

Hey...it's what makes me, me.

How's things down in Tejas? Long time no-speaky-speaky, GI. You ever miss the peninsula? 

Texas is different than FL.  Not so bad.  Good breakfast tacos, briaket, smoked sausage  and TexMex.  Hot AF summers though. It seems to be growing on me.

I do miss Ray Jay in the fall.  I miss seeing the coastal waters on a regular basis. After the puppies finsh college in five yrs Id move back easily with a good job offer. 

• Upvote 1