• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schaeffer getting love on Atlanta radio...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I leave it in the hands of our leader CJL. If he wants the kid, it is OK by me!  Reaper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, we can all be backseat drivers all day long, but Coach Leavitt has the ultimate responsibility for deciding if Brent deserves a shot.  Oh yeah, and Brent too!

Guest wildrover

you say:

You were not there so you do not know what happened

I say:  

Neither were you, if i can't judge, neither can you... next

agreed, I never said i was there or that i knew anymore than anybody else

Guest wildrover
Come on Velcro, you aren't saying that Wildrover is believing all the negative speculation because he wants to believe it? ;)

I never said what I believe, the only thing I did was refute everybody's claim that he didn't do anything wrong or anything that any of us would do.  

I am perfectly willing to admit that i might completely wrong about him.  He might be the second coming for all I know and so many of you who seem to believe he got a raw deal might, just might be right.  My point of conention is the  lack of evidence anybody has to support anything.  You said yourself, "All the negative speculaiton"  Well, where is all the positive speculation to refute all that bad speculation.  

I have to base my opinion on the information I have, and in my opinion, the information I have doesn't paint a favorable picture of Mr Schaeffer.  You guys keep acting like you know better and that all that negative speculation is wrong and your positive opinion of him is right.  You might be correct but right now the only thing forming your positive opinion is the fact he's good and you want him to come here.  Everything else has been excused away.  

Now when it comes to me wanting to believe in something, I don't want to believe in anything.  But like I said before, I base my opinions on the information I have, admittedly, the information is sparse and if stuff comes out to the contrary I am willing to shift my opinion.  But for now I'll keep forgetting what its like to be 19, enjoying 4-7 seasons, setting ridiculous standards for how these kids should behave and everything else thats been accused of me because at least thats based on something and I'm not lowering my beliefs and standards for someone just because they can play.  

Guest wildrover

My wife's brother's neighbor's cousin's coworker's accountant's friend told me that Brent is an awesome kid and corroborated everything completely positive about the kid, and told me that you are completely wrong.  That suffice? ;D

Actually no, somewhere in there was an accountant, I weary of them these days. What about your brother's neighbor's cousin's cowoker's garbage man?  He would know, he sees all the trash.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I have no idea what is true in this situation but I did find one thing to be kind of inconsistent. Isn't it kind of strange that a kid that is being made out to be such a bad "student" hasn't decided on a transfer school yet for the sole purpose of finishing up classes this semester? This would be a perfect excuse for a bad and irresponsible student to get out of the remaining semester, avoid finals and enjoy some time off. Maybe it's a small point but in all the finger pointing here is an actual action we can see on his part that in my mind points to some responsibility.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Oh brother, heres a perfect example of reading what you want. And discarding everything else.  Forget about the reputation he has developed for not doing well in school, skipping and missing meetings (trying doing that at work) and focus on the part of that story that you want to believe.  You were not there so you do not know what happened.  Some accounts say that he wasn't "Protecting" his girlfriend at all, he went after the guy and thats what got him arrested.  If your the type that goes after somebody who says something to your girlfriend that you don't like than your setting yourself up to go to jail and get sued.  You talk like a tough guy but I'd bet if I said something to your wife or girlfriend that you didn't like you wouldn't do a darn thing.  Not because Im bigger than you and to do so would be foolish but because in the heat of the moment, a mature adult, would think of the consequences and realize that doing such a thing isn't worth the trouble.  Words don't hurt anybody, harassing words don't hurt anybody and to go after someone using them is a good way to get yourself in trouble.

If was really was doing something to your wife or girlfriend that warranted "protection" i can assure that most, if not all states in the Union allow for that.  Protecting someone doesn't get you arrested but attacking someone does.  

If you guys want to sell the worth of this kid based on his talent than go ahead.  But please save me the ridiculous argument that what he did was some virtious act and he is really a victim here.  He is not, and there is nothing to support that line of reasoning.  The fact that he is now leaving the team and none there seem to upset by it and he now has legal trouble and developed a negative reputation doesn't support your reasoning, it supports mine.  

Finally, if you go back to the last part of my first post It said to save me the argument that he was doing some terrific thing by protecting his girlfriend.  None of us were there, not one, so none of us know.  You can believe what you want but its all speculation based, from the statement in your pervious post (velcro) solely on what you want to beleive.  But just because you believe in something doesn't make it so.  A lot of people believe in god too but when asked why they are always forced to admit there isn't proof of anything and for them its a matter of faith.  Well if you have faith in a 19 yr old whom you've never met then go right ahead I have a bridge to sell you.

Now it here comes, all the posts of those claiming to have met and know Brent well, and that I'm completley wrong, whose gonna be the first?

Exactly.  YOU weren't there so you have no idea what happened either.  It appears that you are just as guilty as anybody else in ASSUMING except you are assuming Brent was in the wrong.  Wonder why that is?

Beastie, was it Buck and Kincaid who made the comments about Schaeffer?  

If so, believe it.  Buck Belue, former UGA QB, has lots of connections and is usually on the money with his reports.

Jake, it was Buck.  I agree.  I'll take his insight over Wildrover's ramblings any day.

Guest wildrover

Exactly.  YOU weren't there so you have no idea what happened either.  It appears that you are just as guilty as anybody else in ASSUMING except you are assuming Brent was in the wrong.  Wonder why that is?

Beastie your now just as guilty as Velcro who said the exact same thing you just did.  Did you read the whole thread, I hope the answer is no, cause if you did you glared right over the part where I agreed with Velcro, that I wasn't there and I don't know anymore than anybody else.  

As far as assuming he was in the wrong, I have to admit that I might be wrong (oh wait I did that already too) but my opinion, which I'm allowed to have, even if it disagrees with your ramblings, is based on the information I have before me.  I admit its sparse (****, you know I already admited that too) but its all there is.  It is very possible he may actually be a very good student and what Bullheaded said is true.  But we can also say that he wants to finish classes cause its past the withdrawl stage and if he leaves now hes guaranteed an F in those classes and that would lower his GPA to the point where he couldn't transfer.  We can spin that seven ways to Sunday but until I or you see his grades, none of use can actually know that one.  I still say the writing on the wall is not in his favor.  Maybe thats by design and I'm buying the smear campaign agaisnt the kid, but its still there saying he's not the brightest ray of sunshine to pass through the  hallowed halls of UT.  If evidence to the contrary is presented then I will change my opinion and admit I was wrong.  I'm big enough that I can do that.  Are you? or are you so sure that your right that its not a concern of yours.  Tell me, does everyone who disagrees with you do so in ramblings or is that just me?  

Beastie your now just as guilty as Velcro who said the exact same thing you just did.  Did you read the whole thread, I hope the answer is no, cause if you did you glared right over the part where I agreed with Velcro, that I wasn't there and I don't know anymore than anybody else.  

As far as assuming he was in the wrong, I have to admit that I might be wrong (oh wait I did that already too) but my opinion, which I'm allowed to have, even if it disagrees with your ramblings, is based on the information I have before me.  I admit its sparse (****, you know I already admited that too) but its all there is.  It is very possible he may actually be a very good student and what Bullheaded said is true.  But we can also say that he wants to finish classes cause its past the withdrawl stage and if he leaves now hes guaranteed an F in those classes and that would lower his GPA to the point where he couldn't transfer.  We can spin that seven ways to Sunday but until I or you see his grades, none of use can actually know that one.  I still say the writing on the wall is not in his favor.  Maybe thats by design and I'm buying the smear campaign agaisnt the kid, but its still there saying he's not the brightest ray of sunshine to pass through the  hallowed halls of UT.  If evidence to the contrary is presented then I will change my opinion and admit I was wrong.  I'm big enough that I can do that.  Are you? or are you so sure that your right that its not a concern of yours.  Tell me, does everyone who disagrees with you do so in ramblings or is that just me?  

Wow based on this post you've been wrong several times.   It needed to be pointed out again because you keep going on about it...(see my next post).

Let's see, I'm basing my opinions on the kid's history which at this point is all we have to go by.  BS has never been in trouble before.  His grades in HS were good.  Who's history are you basing your opinions on?  

Also, what are your feelings about Carlton Hill coming to USF?