• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schaeffer getting love on Atlanta radio...

Guest wildrover
Wildrover has a wild stick up his derrierre about Schaeffer.  I guess he enjoys 4-7 seasons... ;)

It's quite possible I do.  Well I don't enjoy 4-7 seasons but I'm not convinced Schaeffer is something we need to pursue.  

Right or Wrong (I don't care which side of the fence anyone falls on this) when these kids argee to play ball for these schools they are going to be held to a higher standard.   They are abasadors to their school.  some say they are just kids and shouldn't have to deal with that pressure, perhaps thats true, but thats just the way it is.  If they do soemthing wrong, anything, it is going to make the papers.  Thats what separates them from every other student on that campus.  I got into fights when Iwas a kid but never as an adult.  Not that I never watned to but I knew as an adult the rules are different, when you do things you are held responsible.  In the grander scheme of things its probably not a big deal but to me, it says something of his ability to make mature grown up decisions.  If he's not mature enough to make those decsions then he shouldn't be expected to shoulder the responsiblity that comes with representing the University he choses to play for.  

I doubt very serisouly these kids are ever sat down and told of the responsibility that comes with playing college ball.  Every move they make is recorded and printed and left for the rest of us to digest and then form and opinion and comment on.  If they aren't told that than that is a failure of the system.  That is a shame and in that sense the kids are the victims.  If they are told, and they fail to grab the weight of their new situaiton and then mess up then its their fault and they deserve what they get IMO.  

When I was in the Navy, when we went overseas we were always told, we weren't only representing ourselves we were also representing the United States.  If we mess up, even for something small, it severes to re-enforce negativesterotypes of Americans and American service in some of the minds of the people whose country we were visiting.  Messing up on liberty meant hell to pay when you got back, even if it was something small.  

Schaeffer has shown he has the ability to be a troublemaker.  I don't think many would argue that, I think the argument is that so what if he's a trouble maker, every team has their trouble makers, if he can help us win whats one more trouble maker.  I guess if thats how you feel, you'd probably be in the majority of college football fans opinions.  I don't fee that way, I, personally, would rather see what we can do with what we got at QB before we start taking other teams trouble makers.  

Oh, and please save the spun justifaction of how he really was defending his girlfriend and we all would of done the same.  None of us were there so none of usreally know what happened.  However, the cops saw enough to arrest him so I doubt it was completely in defense of his girlfriend.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if your definition of a trouble maker is someone that would get into a fight to protect his girlfriend, then i guess the majority of us are trouble makers.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yup, and I'm a repeat offender...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

It's quite possible I do.  Well I don't enjoy 4-7 seasons but I'm not convinced Schaeffer is something we need to pursue.  

Right or Wrong (I don't care which side of the fence anyone falls on this) when these kids argee to play ball for these schools they are going to be held to a higher standard.   They are abasadors to their school.  some say they are just kids and shouldn't have to deal with that pressure, perhaps thats true, but thats just the way it is.  If they do soemthing wrong, anything, it is going to make the papers.  Thats what separates them from every other student on that campus.  I got into fights when Iwas a kid but never as an adult.  Not that I never watned to but I knew as an adult the rules are different, when you do things you are held responsible.  In the grander scheme of things its probably not a big deal but to me, it says something of his ability to make mature grown up decisions.  If he's not mature enough to make those decsions then he shouldn't be expected to shoulder the responsiblity that comes with representing the University he choses to play for.  

I doubt very serisouly these kids are ever sat down and told of the responsibility that comes with playing college ball.  Every move they make is recorded and printed and left for the rest of us to digest and then form and opinion and comment on.  If they aren't told that than that is a failure of the system.  That is a shame and in that sense the kids are the victims.  If they are told, and they fail to grab the weight of their new situaiton and then mess up then its their fault and they deserve what they get IMO.  

When I was in the Navy, when we went overseas we were always told, we weren't only representing ourselves we were also representing the United States.  If we mess up, even for something small, it severes to re-enforce negativesterotypes of Americans and American service in some of the minds of the people whose country we were visiting.  Messing up on liberty meant hell to pay when you got back, even if it was something small.  

Schaeffer has shown he has the ability to be a troublemaker.  I don't think many would argue that, I think the argument is that so what if he's a trouble maker, every team has their trouble makers, if he can help us win whats one more trouble maker.  I guess if thats how you feel, you'd probably be in the majority of college football fans opinions.  I don't fee that way, I, personally, would rather see what we can do with what we got at QB before we start taking other teams trouble makers.  

Oh, and please save the spun justifaction of how he really was defending his girlfriend and we all would of done the same.  None of us were there so none of usreally know what happened.  However, the cops saw enough to arrest him so I doubt it was completely in defense of his girlfriend.

Am I assuming that the "troublemakers" on our team are ok and we just shouldn't take another team's "troublemaker"........... especially one with such a sordid past as BS?

Guest wildrover
if your definition of a trouble maker is someone that would get into a fight to protect his girlfriend, then i guess the majority of us are trouble makers.

Oh brother, heres a perfect example of reading what you want. And discarding everything else.  Forget about the reputation he has developed for not doing well in school, skipping and missing meetings (trying doing that at work) and focus on the part of that story that you want to believe.  You were not there so you do not know what happened.  Some accounts say that he wasn't "Protecting" his girlfriend at all, he went after the guy and thats what got him arrested.  If your the type that goes after somebody who says something to your girlfriend that you don't like than your setting yourself up to go to jail and get sued.  You talk like a tough guy but I'd bet if I said something to your wife or girlfriend that you didn't like you wouldn't do a darn thing.  Not because Im bigger than you and to do so would be foolish but because in the heat of the moment, a mature adult, would think of the consequences and realize that doing such a thing isn't worth the trouble.  Words don't hurt anybody, harassing words don't hurt anybody and to go after someone using them is a good way to get yourself in trouble.

If was really was doing something to your wife or girlfriend that warranted "protection" i can assure that most, if not all states in the Union allow for that.  Protecting someone doesn't get you arrested but attacking someone does.  

If you guys want to sell the worth of this kid based on his talent than go ahead.  But please save me the ridiculous argument that what he did was some virtious act and he is really a victim here.  He is not, and there is nothing to support that line of reasoning.  The fact that he is now leaving the team and none there seem to upset by it and he now has legal trouble and developed a negative reputation doesn't support your reasoning, it supports mine.  

Finally, if you go back to the last part of my first post It said to save me the argument that he was doing some terrific thing by protecting his girlfriend.  None of us were there, not one, so none of us know.  You can believe what you want but its all speculation based, from the statement in your pervious post (velcro) solely on what you want to beleive.  But just because you believe in something doesn't make it so.  A lot of people believe in god too but when asked why they are always forced to admit there isn't proof of anything and for them its a matter of faith.  Well if you have faith in a 19 yr old whom you've never met then go right ahead I have a bridge to sell you.

Now it here comes, all the posts of those claiming to have met and know Brent well, and that I'm completley wrong, whose gonna be the first?

Guest wildrover

Am I assuming that the "troublemakers" on our team are ok and we just shouldn't take another team's "troublemaker"........... especially one with such a sordid past as BS?

I'm not a fan of them either, I was also in the minority with Brian Fisher, I said he was a problem after about the thousandth time he got arrested.  So if you're trying to get me being inconsistent your not going to.  

Now it here comes, all the posts of those claiming to have met and know Brent well, and that I'm completley wrong, whose gonna be the first?

My wife's brother's neighbor's cousin's coworker's accountant's friend told me that Brent is an awesome kid and corroborated everything completely positive about the kid, and told me that you are completely wrong.  That suffice? ;D

Oh brother, heres a perfect example of reading what you want. And discarding everything else.  Forget about the reputation he has developed for not doing well in school, skipping and missing meetings (trying doing that at work) and focus on the part of that story that you want to believe. You were not there so you do not know what happened.  Some accounts say that he wasn't "Protecting" his girlfriend at all, he went after the guy and thats what got him arrested.  If your the type that goes after somebody who says something to your girlfriend that you don't like than your setting yourself up to go to jail and get sued.  You talk like a tough guy but I'd bet if I said something to your wife or girlfriend that you didn't like you wouldn't do a darn thing.  Not because Im bigger than you and to do so would be foolish but because in the heat of the moment, a mature adult, would think of the consequences and realize that doing such a thing isn't worth the trouble.  Words don't hurt anybody, harassing words don't hurt anybody and to go after someone using them is a good way to get yourself in trouble.

If was really was doing something to your wife or girlfriend that warranted "protection" i can assure that most, if not all states in the Union allow for that.  Protecting someone doesn't get you arrested but attacking someone does.  

If you guys want to sell the worth of this kid based on his talent than go ahead.  But please save me the ridiculous argument that what he did was some virtious act and he is really a victim here.  He is not, and there is nothing to support that line of reasoning.  The fact that he is now leaving the team and none there seem to upset by it and he now has legal trouble and developed a negative reputation doesn't support your reasoning, it supports mine.  

Finally, if you go back to the last part of my first post It said to save me the argument that he was doing some terrific thing by protecting his girlfriend.  None of us were there, not one, so none of us know.  You can believe what you want but its all speculation based, from the statement in your pervious post (velcro) solely on what you want to beleive.  But just because you believe in something doesn't make it so.  A lot of people believe in god too but when asked why they are always forced to admit there isn't proof of anything and for them its a matter of faith.  Well if you have faith in a 19 yr old whom you've never met then go right ahead I have a bridge to sell you.

you say:

You were not there so you do not know what happened

I say:  

Neither were you, if i can't judge, neither can you... next

Come on Velcro, you aren't saying that Wildrover is believing all the negative speculation because he wants to believe it? ;)

Me?  Never  8)