• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise State lost! One more G5 left to catch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, jjlovecub said:

And we need to run the table

And beat Navy (likely) again

And a Western Mich lost 

And hope Wyoming doesn't lose again because then Boise would win and be ahead of us

and and and and 

Yeah, I'd add SDSU and Troy to that list. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,114
  • Days Won:  39

ESPNU had the top three on the show today.  I believe it was based on likely to win out though.  We were not one of them.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

ESPNU had the top three on the show today.  I believe it was based on likely to win out though.  We were not one of them.

I'm just curious what the CFP committee poll is going to be on Tuesday. That could say a lot in the access bowl conversation going forward. As for now, even with a better overall record, USF wouldn't play in the CCG if they win out and Temple does, too. That's the main road block. Don't forget we just beat a ranked and very good Navy team; that speaks dividends when comparing SOS. 

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No, we screwed ourselfs by not beating Temple.

speek da troof bro

TUCK FEMPLE!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Yeah, I'd add SDSU and Troy to that list. 

I wouldn't.

Troy plays in the Sun Belt.  Their SOS is garbage.  The committee will recognize this.

SDSU has a terrible lost to South Alabama, who up until yesterday was WINLESS in sun belt play (0-4).

We don't have any bad losses.

I truly believe the only thing we would need to play in the Cotton bowl is 1. Win out, 2. Temple lose, and 3. Western Michigan lose.  That's it.  Nothing else.  We have a top 25 win to our credit.  The others don't.  We also have a much stronger SOS than the others do.

Someone said Boise could be back in it if Wyoming lost.  Wrong.  Wyoming would need to lose at least twice in final four games to work way back into it...and that's if Boise went undefeated.  If Boise lost again, Wyoming would need to lose THREE of final 4 games.  Boise is toast.

SDSU will also likely lose to Wyoming in Laramie later.  At least it's a good possibility. 

3 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

And we need to run the table

And beat Navy (likely) again

And a Western Mich lost 

And hope Wyoming doesn't lose again because then Boise would win and be ahead of us

and and and and 

False.  Even if Wyoming lost, they would still hold tiebreaker over Boise.

Boise is gone.  Stop worrying about them.  Wyoming holds all tie breakers and essentially has a 2 game lead with 4 games left to play.

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I wouldn't.

Troy plays in the Sun Belt.  Their SOS is garbage.  The committee will recognize this.

SDSU has a terrible lost to South Alabama, who up until yesterday was WINLESS in sun belt play (0-4).

We don't have any bad losses.

I truly believe the only thing we would need to play in the Cotton bowl is 1. Win out, 2. Temple lose, and 3. Western Michigan lose.  That's it.  Nothing else.  We have a top 25 win to our credit.  The others don't.  We also have a much stronger SOS than the others do.

Someone said Boise could be back in it if Wyoming lost.  Wrong.  Wyoming would need to lose at least twice in final four games to work way back into it...and that's if Boise went undefeated.  If Boise lost again, Wyoming would need to lose THREE of final 4 games.  Boise is toast.

SDSU will also likely lose to Wyoming in Laramie later.  At least it's a good possibility. 

Who knows, we'll find out shortly, but all the polls have Troy and SDSU above us. SOS exists, but they aren't using any computer polls. Having 2 losses compared to another 1 loss G5 school is going to make this close, no matter what league they're in.

Note: Looks like we passed Troy in the coaches

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

Who knows, we'll find out shortly, but all the polls have Troy and SDSU above us. SOS exists, but they aren't using any computer polls. Having 2 losses compared to another 1 loss G5 school is going to make this close, no matter what league they're in.

False again.  In the coaches poll, we have far more vote points than Troy, 34-7.  We have a whopping 2 vote points less than SDSU, 36-34.

Edit:  I just see you corrected yourself, so disregard this.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

3 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I'm just curious what the CFP committee poll is going to be on Tuesday. That could say a lot in the access bowl conversation going forward. As for now, even with a better overall record, USF wouldn't play in the CCG if they win out and Temple does, too. That's the main road block. Don't forget we just beat a ranked and very good Navy team; that speaks dividends when comparing SOS. 

We probably won't be in committee poll, so we'll have no idea where we stand in the committee's eyes vs. teams like Troy and SDSU.  WMU and Boise may not even be in the committee poll.