• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What to look forward too?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

At least I know what I'm doing the day after Christmas

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

I'm not the most optimistic guy on this board by a long shot.  But Jeezus guys we're 6 - 2.   At least when I show up at Ray Jay this year I think we have a chance.  I agree that the D sucks but I don't see the year as a total failure because we lost this game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I'm not the most optimistic guy on this board by a long shot.  But Jeezus guys we're 6 - 2.   At least when I show up at Ray Jay this year I think we have a chance.  I agree that the D sucks but I don't see the year as a total failure because we lost this game. 

All the teams we have beaten suck! We haven't beaten a team that's actually any good. Our defense is going to cost us a lot of games. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't think anyone believes its a total failure. Most will believe it will be a season of lost opportunity because the offense is as good as the defense is bad. A decent defense could have made for a magical season.

This.

We wanted at least the CCG. Now we look like the usual crap the conference schedule team we've seen so many times and the bowl predictions are outright depressing. We're looking at one more gimme, SMU, and 3 more games that we might win, we might lose vs. Navy, Memphis and UCF. We may have a season split into two halves of 5-1 and 3-3 or 2-4. End of season collapses are hard to stomach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

All the teams we have beaten suck! We haven't beaten a team that's actually any good. Our defense is going to cost us a lot of games. 

But this is what happens on this board year after year.  People predict 11 - 1 or 12 - 0 and then when their stupid predictions don't work out they feel the team let them down.  8 wins is a decent year if we can get there.  The sun is about to come up. Life goes on.  A win vs Navy will have everyone back in a good mood should it come to pass.  We're making a 2 week road trip to Memphis and SMU.  As much as I would love to see us win I can't let the outcomes make or break our vacation.  Which is also the reason we try to make these road trips mini vacations.  To fly up to Philly and turn around to come home right after that game would suck. I hope those that made the trip at least got to go to Jim's or Steaks on South for a great cheese steak.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The meat of our schedule started last night.  The tough teams were back loaded on our schedule @ Temple,  Navy, @ Memphis, and a much improved UCiF is difficult stretch and with this defense I see maybe 1 win there.