• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fix it all at once

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

While we are honoring people who built USF Football, someday, when the time is right, Paul Griffin needs to be properly honored too. 

I know the time isn't right now, but someday history will record the accomplishments outweighing the negatives for Coach Leavitt and Paul Griffin. (by the way, I am not arguing about if they should or shouldn't have been let go, just the fact that while here they both did amazing things for USF). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

While we are honoring people who built USF Football, someday, when the time is right, Paul Griffin needs to be properly honored too. 

I know the time isn't right now, but someday history will record the accomplishments outweighing the negatives for Coach Leavitt and Paul Griffin. (by the way, I am not arguing about if they should or shouldn't have been let go, just the fact that while here they both did amazing things for USF). 

Agree!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

Amen. He masterfully guided us through the early conference realignments. Is he still at Tech?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, Triple B said:

Amen. He masterfully guided us through the early conference realignments. Is he still at Tech?

I believe PG is back to being retired. Tech hired Stansbury (spelling?) who used to be at UCF. 

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The contingency that wasn't planned for is an alumni base that, for the most part, doesn't give a **** about USF football or, at the very least, doesn't understand, or care about, what it takes to build and sustain a healthy football program. 

Why pay bad leaders to misuse your funds and pay coaches for not coaching, etc?  Because I am an alumni?  Maybe I'd rather give to the school of business or music?  Maybe I'd rather go to Disney World.  Perhaps I cared too much for too long to watch them throw away the past like it's some other school or like they share no blame?  It's not that they fired Leavitt, it's the how and why and the level of ******** surrounding it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

17 hours ago, ZeroBullChip said:

Why pay bad leaders to misuse your funds and pay coaches for not coaching, etc?  Because I am an alumni?  Maybe I'd rather give to the school of business or music?  Maybe I'd rather go to Disney World.  Perhaps I cared too much for too long to watch them throw away the past like it's some other school or like they share no blame?  It's not that they fired Leavitt, it's the how and why and the level of ******** surrounding it.

Whatever you decide to do with your money, is your choice, bud. No worries. We now have new leadership guiding USF athletics. I donate because I love my alma mater, and I want to see its athletics programs succeed.

It still doesn't change the fact that our financial support from peeps not named ZBC is still paltry when compared to our conference brethren. I'm with Trips on this one, we want big-time football, we need big-time financial support. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Whatever you decide to do with your money, is your choice, bud. No worries. We now have new leadership guiding USF athletics. I donate because I love my alma mater, and I want to see its athletics programs succeed.

It still doesn't change the fact that our financial support from peeps not named ZBC is still paltry when compared to our conference brethren. I'm with Trips on this one, we want big-time football, we need big-time financial support. 

I don't disagree.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I've always said that it's important that alumni give something.  It doesn't have to be $1.45MM to make a difference.  Imagine if each alumnus gave annual contributions of $50 or $100!  We would be able to do wondrous things, whether it is for athletics or academics.

My USF education has given me the tools to make a pretty decent living and I have no problem giving something back so that we can hire the best professors, the best coaches and the best administrators to make the university into something that we can be even more proud of.

I encourage everyone who reads this and aren't giving to give John Lewis a call and ask what you can do to help.  I guarantee it will be appreciated.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone want to give a two sentence recap about what this is about for the newbies around here? :)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Bulls2013 said:

Anyone want to give a two sentence recap about what this is about for the newbies around here? :)

Some think it's time to honor x-coach Leavitt, since we've honored almost everyone else that had a hand in building this program.

Also, people need to step up their donations so we can become a big-time program.