• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going for the last second touchdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

51 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If you have to try and squeak a meaningless TD in at the whistle against a beat team to "send a message," you're not the real deal.

Steve Spurrier may think otherwise. Ditto to Jim Harbaugh

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If the game already won, call it then. If the ECU players were just standing there when the ball was snapped and we're throwing over them, it would be the same as the Schiano crap.

It is almost like you have never watched a football game before... I know you are just attempting to defend the indefensible so grabbing at straws. I hope in the clear of the morning Willie reads all the comments from respected sports analysts, perhaps even gets a call from a trusted friend. His actions endanger his team and disgrace both himself and his university. If he doesn't understand that then it wont be the first time our AD has to step in and explain to him how to act in public.

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

It is almost like you have never watched a football game before... I know you are just attempting to defend the indefensible so grabbing at straws. I hope in the clear of the morning Willie reads all the comments from respected sports analysts, perhaps even gets a call from a trusted friend. His actions endanger his team and disgrace both himself and his university. If he doesn't understand that then it wont be the first time our AD has to step in and explain to him how to act in public.

ECU took too many cheap shots at USF.  Adams get hit pretty hard on the targetting by ECU defense.  You know USF & ECU hate each other . Don't you remember brawl during the bowl game festivties in Bham?? 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

On a running play in a short yardage situation (taking a knee is short yardage) the man that gets lowest wins.

OK, now I'm just screwing around.  But I still see the 2 scenarios as similar in spirit. Schiano was trying to bring a no quit attitude to the Bucs same as what CWT did yesterday.  Most non Bucs fans didn't like it - the way most non Bull fans didn't like what happened yesterday.

I've been watching football since the late 60s and don't recall anyone doing what CWT did yesterday and certainly don't recall any team that "ran the score up on us" , as Taggart pointed out in defense,  doing it to us like that either. Was he mad about the 45 point streak ending or that UCF beat ECU worse than USF did (and apparently without trying to run it up the last minute since it wasn't posted here)? 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

ECU took too many cheap shots at USF.  Adams get hit pretty hard on the targetting by ECU defense.  You know USF & ECU hate each other . Don't you remember brawl during the bowl game festivties in Bham?? 

^This and lets not forget all the whining from ECU fans after their loss. This after writing everywhere that they were going to show how weak our team was. I guess they showed us. :icon_drink:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

I've been watching football since the late 60s and don't recall anyone doing what CWT did yesterday and certainly don't recall any team that "ran the score up on us" , as Taggart pointed out in defense,  doing it to us like that either. Was he mad about the 45 point streak ending or that UCF beat ECU worse than USF did (and apparently without trying to run it up the last minute since it wasn't posted here)? 

I guess you missed the 1st USF at Sourthern Miss game. Or the games against Troy St etc

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Steve Spurrier may think otherwise. Ditto to Jim Harbaugh

That's exactly my point. Harbaugh'a team put it to Rutgers with his first, second, and third team players from the opening kickoff. The message was clearly sent without having to force it with literally seconds left in the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

That's exactly my point. Harbaugh'a team put it to Rutgers with his first, second, and third team players from the opening kickoff. The message was clearly sent without having to force it with literally seconds left in the game.

You could probably make the case that CWT tried to do it all game, but it only became obvious when the ECU players gave up and quit

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I guess everyone forgot FSU had their starters in until the last play and they were up by 20 points and driving. Oh well, I guess CWT should be ashamed for acting the same way as the P5 coaches.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

ECU & USF is a rivalry game with the bad blood between both schools dating back to the C-USA days. Didn't ECU lay down against Temple last year so that USF wouldn't make it to conference title game?? ECU also didn't show up against Cincy years ago that would have sent USF to the Hawaii Bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1