• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dana Dimel....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Can USF afford Dimel? An OC with that kind of experience ought to carry a fair price tag.

Dana Dimel.... isn't he a "grad assistane" at K-State? Isn't that an "unpaid" position? What is there not to afford?

CJL make the call......  ;D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting hire, and sounds cheap since as TYBull has pointed out he is most likely not getting paid by the university as a grad assistant coach.  I'm sure other names will surface if a replacement isn't hired soon.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Dana Dimel.... isn't he a "grad assistane" at K-State? Isn't that an "unpaid" position? What is there not to afford?

Okay, I didn't know he was a grad assistant. If that's all he's doing these days, he's probably well worth looking into. Especially if he had a good relationship with CJL.

I mentioned price because Dana Dimel is a bit of a "name," as a two-time D-I head coach. I've heard the argument made in the past that USF's limited budget for assistant football coaches made it difficult to get "name" guys.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

his name is somewhat tarnished, IMO, after an 8-26 stint at Houston

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

I think with the move to the Big East and with the BCS money our limited budget is opening up some.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Come on Garysj,  South Florida is the place you come to make a name for yourself - well, at least it sounds good.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

his name is somewhat tarnished, IMO, after an 8-26 stint at Houston

Vince Lombardi's name would get tarnished by coaching at Houston High. That place has been a graveyard for coaches since the Southwest Conference broke up.

Dimel wasn't given a chance at Houston. Three years is not a long time to anything going.  He inherited a team w/o any talent. Instead of taking shortcuts he pretty much redshirted his first two recruiting classes, thus limiting short term success.

Think about it, when Art Briles was hired after Dimel he had almost immediate success b/c he had all the talent that Dimel had stockpiled. Let's not forget that Dimel put together the highest rated recruiting classes in C-USA for two consecutive years.

Dimel didn't just forget to be a pretty good football coach. If we can get Dimel on our staff it would be a good get. Calvin Magee would be a distant second b/c we all know that it is Rich Rodriguez who runs the offense at West Virginia.